Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: there goes the other knee  (Read 684 times)

Offline weirdknees

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
there goes the other knee
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
Hey

having arthroscopy surgery on my right knee sometime in the next couple of months for meniscus repair and patellofemoral.  The thing is my left one is beginning to bother me a lot! A very similar pain to my right one, and it has started to click painfully and be a bit grindy.  I really don't want to have to go through the same thing with my left knee as I'm about to with the right one.   Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what happened?

Any suggestions on what to do  ???

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:02:59 PM by weirdknees »
knee pain since very young
2008 - diagnosed with patella tilt
2010 - partial meniscectomy

Offline anniehine

• Forum Faithful
Re: there goes the other knee
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
Hi there, I'd not had any problems with my right knee until I had a trochleoplasty on my left knee 8 weeks ago, now my right knee is painful, grindy and clicks.  I can only assume it's the extra pressure I've been putting on it since surgery.  Are you walking equally or favouring the left and therefore putting an extra strain on it?
Left knee started dislocating at 7 years old
Hypermobile
Arthroscopic scope April 2009
Trochleoplasty at 28 years old (10.2.10)
Did 1st SLR 1.4.10 WHOOP!!
Walked through house without crutches (12.4.10) very pleased with myself!!

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: there goes the other knee
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »
My right knee was injured and my left has been doing too much.  To bein with it was just grumbling but it got worse and worse. and became very grindy and clicky.  I don't think thept takes it seriously, since i wlk more or less equal now so it whouldn't be bothering me.  the only extra work it does is steps and that is only going down.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

support