Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Next week  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Next week
« on: September 28, 2003, 06:21:36 AM »
Next week is my last full week of mobility for a while, my last partial week of work (last day is Thursday and I can hardly wait). My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday Oct. 7. This coming Monday I have my preoperative check up with my family practicioner where she'll also draw blood to make sure my platelets are ok (if they aren't at a certain level, it will mean a visit to the hematologist and possible treatment with prednisone (yuck) and delay of my long awaited surgery-sick of living in pain so I hope that won't happen. Thursday is my last presurgical visit to the orthopedist office as well as my last day of work. I'll be getting my pain prescription (making sure to say no Vicodin, it made me queasy even taken with food). Already have my crutches from the June surgery-husband and I were laughing this AM about how he knew there was a reason why he never got them up to the attic after I didn't need them anymore following June's surgery!  Going to get food next weekend (Costco) for the days when the husband will be doing the cooking. He'll be home starting Wednesday as his job assignment is over for now (and he'll be taking some vacation days) so he'll be around to help. I also have to get my word search and crossword puzzle magazines to do, which is the only mind exercise I can manage following surgery. LAst time I tried to read a book and I couldn't keep my mind on it!

Today, with the last days of my employee discount available at the store I work in, we bought one of those new foam contouring mattress pads for our bed. I'm that will help after surgery. LAst time, for several weeks after it, I couldn't put any pressure at all on the interior of my knee where the main cutting was done:(

I turned off the TV a little while ago, deciding that Discovery Health CHannel's show When Anesthesia Fails is not the show to be watching when you're having surgery in 10 days! LOL!
Can someone also tell me if there is a place I'm not seeing where I can spell check messages before hitting Post? I am a lousy typist and often miss typos!
Just a long update on me.
Hope everyone is doing as best as they can be as well.
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR

Iona_-Uk

Re: Next week
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »
Hi Caroline,

Best of luck with your forthcoming surgery. I hope your platelets are OK and you don't need any horrible treatment.

Love Iona

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • LoveBug
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 06:42:11 PM »
Hey Caroline

Just wanted to say good luck with the surgery, and make sure you get plenty of rest, both mentally as well as physically!

Take care and let us know how it goes

Love,Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Offline sienna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Anyone seen the light at the end of the tunnel?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 10:39:10 AM »
Hi Caroline,
Best of luck next week.  I've just had my rk meniscus repaired 3 weeks ago.  I have a pillow that I use for under my leg.  It goes everywhere with me from the  bed to the recliner.  Hope you have something to keep you comfortable.  Good luck. Sienna  :)
rk posterior meniscus tear. Successfully repaired 10 Sep,03. Now have nerve damage and cps which goes with it.  I want to slap the person who said 'It just takes time....'