Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: A Healing Crisis?  (Read 941 times)

Offline squidleebee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
A Healing Crisis?
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:14:30 AM »
When I was 25 I had a bucket handle tear on my medial meniscus. Arthroscopy fixed it. After years of running and more I did damage to my same knee while digging a ditch. I had one orthopedist say I had thinning of the cartilage and narrowing of the joint space. A few months later my knee was just killing me. A different orthopedist did an MRI and I had subchondral fissuring and bone marrow edema and torn cartilage. He operated on it in 2-07 and said things would be fine.

I am now 50 and that was 3 years ago. It took a good 2 years for the pain in the joint line to be almost all the way gone. I did research and found that bone bruising is extremely slow to heal.

Last summer I had the following happen. Out of the blue, my knee hurt like crazy (even to the touch). We're talking 9 out of 10. I was worried that my walking days were numbered. For 2 days it was excruciating. The 3rd day it hurt a lot less and by the 5th day after the pain was almost all gone. 2 weeks later the pain was pretty much totally gone. I iced and swam and did light stationary bike.

The same thing happened a month ago. Crazy pain. A friend said it sounded like gout. ONe day it hurt like crazy and a week later it was pretty much gone. Now my knee feels better than ever.

Could it be that scar tissue ripped and I had a little healing crisis? Any one out there had something like that?

I'm cautiuosly hopeful. I've learned a bunch on this site. Thanks for any input.