Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: children now or in the future  (Read 27844 times)

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: children now or in the future
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 11:32:53 AM »
Thanks Smillie and Bean its so long since I have been down this far on the board I had nearly forgoton about this thread, so thanks for posting I love learning more about all the lovely people on here ;D spose cos deep down I am very nosy lol.
Bean quite a story meeting your wife while in hospital though I think its something that happens now and again, I am a great believer in fate and think that the stars were alingned the day you had your accident and your wife was on duty so you two could meet, your xmas photos look geat it must be nice having grandkids that something I am really looking forward to though I hope not for a few years yet as my kids are 18 and 17, but would love it if its in my future.
Smilie my symathy goes out to you having to cope with young kids and deal with knee problems, it must be so hard and the fact you home school them means you cant even get a break while the kids are at school, me thinks you are some kind of superwoman
I really hope you get the knee fixed soon so you can start t enjoy life again.
Snowy I just noticed that you posted on here as well, adoption is a wonderful thing and I have been very lucky with my two they are by no means saints but they are good kids.
Now thats you with another nephew and talk of coming over to visit him and your family are you sure its not going to make you even a little broody??
Take care all Tez   
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

bean11

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 12:37:57 AM »
Cheers for the reply tez :D Gee I got to let you know compared with our four sons, because  Nadene always pined to have a daughter, I got her a pet female rat LOL  that did,nt work, then 13.5 years ago we got kiowa (brindle female boxer) when she was a puppy Nadene quilted a blanket and imbossed her name on it and rubbed it on her mum (Boxer) she used to bring kiowa every where and people were stunned to peak at it thinking it was human baby but it was kiowa, ;D sadly on our return from Tasmainia in OCT. we got a phone call to say she had to be put to sleep, Nadene had her on pain killers for her last six months she had inoperable cancer in her shoulder, anyway she was put to sleep in front of my hole family Nadene was whaling like a  :-X we all were balling our eyes out in front of the vet his assistant & including Johns girl friend Candice it was very tough even for a hard arsed boily like me,well the day before we went to Tassie we had a barbeque, thats where Aaron met Tammy :D and we got three lovely grand kids, & more so Nadene got her grand daughter "ELLY" A bit sudden I Know but the timing was very good for our loss >:( but a fantastic gain ;D

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
Bean cool story I know how dogs and cats can become part of the family our last dog Pepsi had to be put to sleep a few years ago she was old and her organs were shutting down and it was so sad the whole family were devestated, but for me it was worse cos she was my first baby because we tried for such a long time to have a child Dougie [my hubby] got me a puppy he felt I needed something to love, so she was treated by me like a baby, when we did eventually adopt my 2 kids they were 6 months and 2 years old and I was worried how Pepsi would react, but she was brilliant she never snaped or anything even though Conor would try to ride on her back and pull and haul at her plus she would bark to warn me if she saw either of them doing something they shouldn't like climbing up or going towards the stairs and stuff like that, she was amazing I never thought we would find another dog as good but only about 4 months after Pepsi was put down I met someone who was fostering a rescue dog and was looking for a good home for her so I took her and she has been wonderfull she's the most loving dog, when I was off work after both my knee ops she was by my side the whole time keeping me company, so now my kids are teenagers I still have something to baby.
I'm so please you and your wife have your girl at last and from what my friends who are already grandparent tell me there is no better feeling than having grandkids.
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

bean11

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Cheers tez  ;) Elly was here again after dinner I,m sat at the bench top, browsing for a new car for Nadene to replace her year old cruse, Elly coloring magnetic pictures of little critters we got her right next to me while Jed & Jack were riding there new bikes out the front,she interrupted me several times with such a cute voice :D "excuse me is this (texta) pink ? I replied test it on this paper here luv ;D then excuse me can I have a icecream ?sorry Elly where out ! but you have some in the fridge in the garage? yes luv but there Johns ill give you a cool pop hey? OK can I have a green one then please ? no worries luv here you go, she carried on several times after, at appears with my seven months off I,ve learned how be  a lot more relaxed & injoy more things about life, yes for sure the little ones sure amuse & make me laugh time passes without knowing when your distracted or comforted with a puppy or as in my case "Grandkids" as soon as we can find one, Nadene is getting one of those "Rag Dol" cats, I said she couldn,t  have one till where down to two dogs, that time is here so Nadene can get one as soon as she finds one, I know I,ve rattleled on a bit hope you don,t mind, again get well from Stephen :D

Offline sintu

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
Hi all,
It's great to find this community as I fractured my patella yesterday and am awaiting surgery. It's only dawning on me how huge the implications of that slip up yesterday are for my family. I never imagined I would be out of action for so long. Goodness.
Anyway, I'm an Irishwoman, living in Korea and have two children, a 4 year old girl and a 7 month old boy, who needs his Mammy very much. :(
Kids are the best though, aren't they? And hopefully they will be inspiration and motivation for me on this journey.
Best to all. xx

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep smiling; people will wonder why!!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
I had my accident in feb 09 and got married in sept 09. Still battling with surgery and complications, but all I've ever really wanted in life is a family. I went to see my doctor a few weeks ago to ask her opinion on having a baby and she told me I would be very foolish to fall pregnant within the next year  :( . I just sat and cried. Not only have my knee problems stopped me working and hampered my social life, but also put my dreams on hold. I'm fast approaching 30 and my hubby is in his 40s. I always thought I would have a family by now, but it seems it is not meant to be; just the last frustration in a long list. If my doctor had had her way I would have left her office with anti depressants; but I explained that I'm not depressed, just frustrated watching my life pass my by, while the people around me are having children or careers or both. I was told that with a knee as wretched as mine is I couldn't afford for it to 'loosen' anymore.

So now I'm sitting back and awaiting my next consultants appointment on Monday.

Thanks for the opportunity to have a moan!

Offline sintu

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:17 AM »
That's really tough luck AM and must be so frustrating. Was your accident particularly bad or what kind of complications have you had? I understand the desire to have a child but you are still young. It will happen. Use the time to dream about your future family and prepare yourself! Not to mention get lots of sleep and romantic fun time with your partner before kids are added to the mix. It's true that things happen for a reason, although we might never know what that reason is. I tell myself that had this not happened, maybe something else worse would've. Who knows how many forked paths we come to in life? Your attitude of absorbing bad luck so your loved ones don't have to (saw that on another board I think?) is a nice way of looking at it.
All the best anyway and keep the chin up. It will happen. xx

Offline travelthomas

• Regular Poster
  • Thomas
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »
I was married back in the 1980s, and had 2 step children, Jessie and Miah, and 4 foster children, but not all at the same time, except 2 little girls that were sisters, Cassie & Crystal, Jacob, and Terra.
Diagnosed Celiac Disease 2003
9/3/12 - Construction Accident - Tibia Plateau Fracture + Fib Frac
9/5/12 - External Fixation
9/20/12 - 2 plates, 11+ screws (3 1/2 hour surgery)
10/3/12 - Staples removed, ROM 41, swollen knee
10/31/12 - No more brace, ROM 60, swollen knee

Offline garth

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 02:26:41 PM »
I got married last year and at the end of April along came Annabelle :). I'm currently getting to see lots of her as I Had a ttt at the beginning of the month. Really missing the little things like being able to pick her up although I'm already back doing nappies already  ;D.
Still, we knew what the ttt would entail and decided it best be done now rather than when she starts toddling!
Knee troubles since 1997
Dec 07 - Scope, just a clear up.
Feb 09 - Plica removal
Nov 09 - Lateral release
Mar 11 - More done to LR and some 'tweaks'
Nov 12 - Fulkerson and possible vmo advancement, dont know yet!

Offline ohsobright

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • I will not be defined by the things I cannot do.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
AM: please do not despair. As it was said above, things happen for a reason although we may not know what the reason is or want to accept it. We put off having a family  till our mid 30's and then went through a series of missed miscarriages to finally have the most beautiful girl at the ripe old age of 39! We like to think she is a collaboration of all the good bits of the ones we lost. (don't get me wrong, she can be a wee minx sometimes!)

3 years on from my TPF, I still use my stick when i wear heels, or walk with "normal" people. My 4 yr old daughter, lets me win races sometimes to"make me happy" and tries to help me up from the floor after play. I long to be able to chase her round the garden or run with her as she rides her bike but that is still a way off, if ever going to happen.
Things will work out when the timing is right, it just might not be your timing.
14/12/09 slipped, Lt TPF, spiral # tibia, # fibula,# disloc patella,lig ruptures.
17/12/09 ORIF, bone graft.
21/12/09 discharged full leg backslab NWB
30/12/09 staples out full cast NWB.
20/1/10 cast brace NWB
22/2/10 PT
3/3/10 Cast off, PWB
31/3/10 WB with cane
23/6/10 FWB

Offline wills_mum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:26 PM »
I have an amazing 14 month little boy William. He was actually just a few weeks over 12 months when I  injuryed my knee. My husband has been amazing taking care of us right after my knee surgery.
Physio isn't going well but I'm hoping if I can get my knee somewhat healed we can try for  another this summer *fingers crossed*
Wife to my amazing husband & mummy to my amazing little boy William.

Offline ruilx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »
Knee fibrosis destroy that dream!

Offline LeanneWhite87

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:38 AM »
I have 3 daughters aged 8,7 and 4. no more babies for me....
1992 - first left knee subluxation age 5
1992 onwards multiple subluxations and dislocations, physical therapy.
2007 1st arthroscopy removal of loose body
2012 2nd arthroscopy removal of synovium
2015 MRI reveals ruptured MPFL and Trochlear Dysplasia
awaiting trochleoplasty