Advertisement - Hide this advert





Author Topic: Shall I still have this surgery?  (Read 510 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline weirdknees

  • Regular Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 67
  • Liked: 0
Shall I still have this surgery?
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »
I'm going to see the OS in a couple of weeks to book my scope.  My MRI showed a cartilage tear and patella tilt, I had tried physio but it didn't really help so the OS really recommended that I have keyhole surgery.  However, recently I've been exercising quite a lot to get my legs stronger and my knees are feeling more stable and aren't as painful as they were.  I'm wondering whether I should maybe put surgery on hold, but part of me just wants to get it out of the way as I'm a student, so the only time I can really have this done is in the summer.  I'm worried that if I don't have it done, I'll regret it but also worried that if I do it might be a waste of time. 
knee pain since very young
2008 - diagnosed with patella tilt
2010 - partial meniscectomy















support