Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 1410 times)

Offline mvd12720

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI results
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
Hi everyone I twisted my knee about a month ago and well I did have a OR done 8 years ago on that knee and well the Dr thought I had a meniscus tear I went for a mri and here are the results

There are some subchondral edema with in the central aspect of the lateral tibial plateau.  Articular cartilage appears maintained.  There is marginal spurring from both the medial and lateral compartments.  There is significant thinning id the medial patellar facet cartilage. 
ACL,PCL,MCL,LCL,as well as the patellar and quadriceps tendons appear intact.  There is a small amount of joint fluid. 

Medial and lateral menisci appear to be intact as well.  Muscular fascia planes are otherwise maintained.

Impression:  mild osteoarthritic changes of the medial compartment as well as marginal spurring from the lateral compartment. There is also grade II chondromalacia patellae involving the lateral patellar facet and grade I involving the medial patellar facet cartilage. 

Well that is all. It says so what does everyone thing the dr will say at times it feels like my knee is going to give out I have constant pain in it. 

Offline mvd12720

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: MRI results
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »
Well the OS said I aggravated the arthritis and I will just have to wait it out until it settles down. So no what should I be doing?

Offline BadKneeDay

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: MRI results
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
I don't know much about arthritis, although after three surgeries I know that one day I will!  I don't know what you should be doing from a physio standpoint, but I can recommend a topical treatment. 

It is called "Voltaren Gel" and it is basically a topical ibuprofen gel that you apply directly to the knee.  For me, this works better than taking a pill.  You have to get a prescription for it.  Also, lidocaine patches work well, but they sell some over the counter and you can get a better grade through prescription. 

Sorry I don't have much else to offer, arthritis is a degenerative disease so it will only continue to worsen.

You should probably go over to the Arthritis Department boards; they have a ton of info over there!  Itís on the kneegeeks main page, a little more than halfway down.  There are boards for diet, exercise, etc. as well as a whole board dedicated to spurs!

Good luck with the management of you condition!