Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fluid on Knee  (Read 911 times)

Offline Travellers

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Fluid on Knee
« on: September 26, 2003, 01:19:41 PM »
A few weeks ago I tripped & fell down the stairs in my house,on falling most of my weight went onto my knee, there was little or no pain, just slight discomfort. However shortly afterwards my knee became swollen and soft with fluid. After a few days the swelling etc; almost dissapeared ,now after doing some DIY (laying laminate flooring ,climbing up & down ladders painting the house,some swelling/fluid has returned although not as bad as after my fall. Do you think I should see my doctor or will time & rest solve the problem? I am 66years old.

Iona_-Uk

Re: Fluid on Knee
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 02:35:51 PM »
Hi Travellers and welcome to the knee board.

You don't mention exactly how long ago you tripped but if it is still sore and still swollen with fluid and trip to your family dr might be in order, to put your mind at rest if nothing else.

It may be just a soft tissue injury that is taking time to heal or it may be something torn or strined within the knee itself.

As a precaution, make an appointment to see someone and in the interim, rest it as much as you can, keep it elevated and if you bear it, ice the joint for 10-15 minutes every 1-2 hours, thats what helps me.

Iona