Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: cortisone shots  (Read 900 times)

Offline dfrizzelle

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
cortisone shots
« on: September 26, 2003, 02:05:01 AM »
I am getting cortisone shots on a regular basis, 3 in one knee just last week helped me walk.  I have had ten knee surgeries between both knees and now know I have to have one replacement in the next few months.  My question is, have I done too much damage to my soft tissue around my knee with my repeated shots or can I rehab for awhile before surgery and expect decent recovery.  I am noticing more and more pain in the area around the knee and am very worried about the tissue damage.  My shots relieve my pain and stiffness for about 30 days. ???

Iona_-Uk

Re: cortisone shots
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 11:52:50 AM »
Hi There
If the cortisone shots are helping and your OS is happy for you to continue, there isn't any reason why you should stop, although it may be wise to seek advice about when to stop them in regards to when you are having your knee replacement surgery.

Cortisone shots don't work for everybody and some damage can occur if the person administering them pushes the needle in too far or hits a blood vessel or nerve but these are quite rare and it doen't work for everyone and it can cease to be effective for some people after a while.

Iona

support