Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: baker's cyst after total knee replacement  (Read 23944 times)

Offline monicann

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
baker's cyst after total knee replacement
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »
i have a baker's cyst behind my left knee.  i had total knee replacement 6 weeks ago today.  the baker's cyst is really painful and i feel it is hindering my rehab process.  the ortho surgeon said that the cyst often dissolves on its own after TKR and wants to wait it out.  in the meantime, i am in a lot of pain and all the exercises are very hard to do.  has anyone experiences a similar situation?  will appreciate any input.

Offline gerbear

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: baker's cyst after total knee replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
Hi,  I am experiencing the same problem, have you had any relief.   Please let me know how you are doing, sometimes I don't think I will ever really walk well again.  thanks

Offline pamduchaine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »
Hi,

i am six weeks post-op for a revision of a two year old TKA.  I cannot squat without lots of pain.  Today at therapy my therapist told me I have a Baker's cyst, which is very good news.  I see the surgeon Wednesday and hopefully he'll drain it and all will be well.  My fingers are crossed!

Offline carolelinda

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »
I had my total knee replacement FIVE years ago and I have a baker's cyst right now.  The knee swells up in bad weather and is full of scar tissue despite 3 surgeries to remove scarring.  Don't really know how at this point to treat the baker's cyst.  I suppose some ice?