Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can I delete my own post?  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Tourist

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can I delete my own post?
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:59:41 PM »
Hello,

I've posted twice the same post. I tried to delete one of them, but received a message it is impossible. I wanted to ask the Moderator, but I can't send private messages yet... Can anyone help me. Or perhapse KneeGuru you are able to do it? It's there http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=50782.0

Thanks in advance :-),

Tourist

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Can I delete my own post?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:25:02 AM »
Hi
1. You can modify your own posts.
2. You can erase the content of your old posts, and just leave a note that you chose to erase it.
2. You can delete your own posts, but if they are the first post in a thread (ie you started the thread) then you need to ask a mod to delete the thread. The mod will have to delete the whole thread, including other people's responses, though.
3. Be careful, though, not to delete your account before you modify or delete posts. If you delete your account, then your posts will say 'Guest' and then you cannot delete or modify them (as you 'no longer exist' on the system) but it is also a pain for the moderator to then find them and delete them. So if you want to erase your presence entirely, send a note to the KNEEguru and ask her to do that for you. If you do not have enough posts to use private messaging, then just send a 'ticket' via the Helpdesk - http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/helpdesk/
--
KNEEguru

Offline OSVictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Can I delete my own post?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »
Thanks
Aug 2012: Rt Knee Arthroscopy/debridement, Lateral release
TTT/open Fulkerson tibial osteotomy
Aug 2013: Hardware removal (TTT)
Nov 2014: LPFLr, MPFLr, Distal Tibial  Osteotomy/derotation, Gastrocnemius lengthening, Rt Leg
Apr 2015: fibula (Rt leg) plating, iliac crest bone graft

support