Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 3 weeks after arthroscopy - knee still swollen  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Tourist

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
3 weeks after arthroscopy - knee still swollen
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
Hello

could anyone help me please. 3 weeks ago I had lateral release and microfractures (medial epicondyle and central area of trochlea). A couple of days after a surgery, after my first exercise session supervised by a therapist my knee became swallen. A week after I had a puncture (the doctor said nothing particularly bad was happening). Despite of limiting my exercise and giving up a CPM machine the swelling did not get any better (for a period of two weeks). Now in my 3rd week I am starting more exercise again encouraged by the therapist. However, I feel a big discomfort - I am very afraid that my problem worsens  with the progress of exercise and that exercising in this condition is harmful to the joint.

Do you have any knowledge or experience with similar problems?  What would you advise? I am cooling and elevating my leg but the swelling keeps strong. The good point I can see is that it has stopped to get as warm as previously and so far it does not increase. But it's not enough to prevent my worries.
I can see quite a few people get swelling and even punctures there because of exercise. Is it as normal as the therapists say?

Thanks a lot for your help.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:32:53 PM by Tourist »

support