Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 3rd and finaly synvisc shot  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Rhino

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
3rd and finaly synvisc shot
« on: September 25, 2003, 08:41:11 AM »
I am a little confused here. I received my last injection and by the way it hurt. The other 2 were just a tad uncomfortable but this one for some reason really hurt. But my confusion lies in the area of surgery. My doctor told me by the 15th of October to call and schedule surgery.I mean were the shots just a formality for insurance purposes or is there no faith in the shots. Granted my knee feels no different then when i started but i was just wondering about the time frame from the last shot til when all hope is lost and i have to hit the operating table. Just seems kind of premature that is all.
Thee who seizes the moment wins the day.

Offline phradil

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: 3rd and finaly synvisc shot
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 04:43:30 PM »
I get my last shot tomorrow.  Already feels some better.  Doctor told me to be careful for one week and then do whatever I wanted.  She also said see her in a month - it should be working by then. So, it does seem premature for sure!  I would ask your doctor about giving it a little more time to work - sometimes takes weeks and sometimes it never does help but worth waiting to see I would think.  Elaine

support