Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty  (Read 99098 times)

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2010, 06:08:31 AM »
Hi All,

Today I had another migraine, so was pretty much a wash out. My knee was also quite painful in the night last night. I am finding walking is getting easier, but distance is still a problem. So, won't be walking to the station like that in a while.

I didn't have the concentration to do much study, but I did call a few universities about some of their open days and information sessions. Am looking at going to some interstate if I can. They are all in May.

This afternoon I got a call about an interview next week for a hospital that is not too far away from where I live, probably about half an hour. My interview is next Wednesday afternoon. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Also applied for another 6 jobs. So, hopefully one of them comes off soon.

In the morning I have my first aid re-accreditation course. It will be good to get it out of the way.

Milly, sorry to hear about your right knee. Do hope it picks up as the weather gets warmer. How long have you been riding a motorcycle for ? Good idea to keep up with your appointments with the chiropractor. I go to see my physio once every two weeks to help with my back. Probably should have gone again this week but I was just even in too much pain to drive. Yeah, it is a good feeling getting work done. Will do some more on the weekend so today was a write off.

Nick, yes looking forward to a job I enjoy once I finish all my course work. I plan to study next semester too. Looking at applying for a Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneuship and Innovation, basically for small business. Not long till you see Mr Green now. Hopefully since your physio sent Mr Green a text message he will see you and not the registrar.

Still not sleeping very well at all. I suspect it is largely due to the stress I have been under.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2010, 12:17:28 PM »
Sorry about the migraine.  I think the distance will get better with time, and you probably walked a bit farther than the knee liked.   Good luck with your interview.

I have been riding off and on for about 20 years.  I really enjoy it and was so dissapointed that I could not ride last year.  Between the pain and the meds, it was better to stay off the bike.  Mornings like this one and I wonder if it will ever get warm enough!  We had freezing temps last night!  Well I guess March is still not over and April should be better.

Hope you are feeling better today.  If I don't get a change to post this weekend, have a good one.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

I hope you migraine eases and can have a good nights sleep without being in too much pain with you knee. I am sure you will be able to walk longer distance, it just takes time to recover from surgery. I hope you do well in the interview next week wednesday and if you do not get the job you are bound to get one of the 6 jobs you have applied for.

Milly sorry not to include you and will start to respond to your posts on kirsty's thread. I hope your right knee starts to improve. Good for you riding a motorcycle again and glad you are able to go riding again and should be nice in a few months time during the summer.

Enjoy the weekend.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
Hi All,

I seem to have gotten over my migraine, which is good. Just hate them as they really knock me out. When I see my doctor on Tuesday I will tell him about it and see if I can take a preventer as they are so debilitating.

Tonight I had a friend over for dinner, which was nice. I made a nice spaghetti bolognese.

Today I didn't do much. Slept in until about lunch time as I still had the after affects from my migraine.

Milly, you are right. I think the distance will get better with time. It was just probably a bit too  much. Will speak to my doctor on Monday whether I can do a bit more. Just so bored with my 2 exercises and hydro. What worries me is that my knee is swelling up after I do the hydro pool. Will probably ring my OS on Monday. What do you think ?

Nick, you are right. Surgery does take a while to recover, especially when it was fairly major. I am looking forward to the interview. Will be interesting to see what other interviews I get too.

Have a good weekend everyone.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Glad you have got over your migraine and hope you enjoyed dinner with your friend. 3 days till I see Mr Green not long now I waited long enough so hope I get to see him.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
Hi there,

Had a relatively quite weekend and was able to get a reasonable amount of study done.

Tonight I went to a friend's place for dinner, which was nice. She made a lamb roast, which was really yummy.

My knee has been a bit sore, but nothing too bad. I didn't get to the hydro pool this weekend, but am planning to go tomorrow night. My back and shoulder still don't like me. Been doing more stretches, but doesn't help a lot. Having physio on Wednesday, which should help. Once I can go back to clinical pilates I am sure that will help. I'll ask my sports physician about that on Tuesday.

On Tuesday I go back to see my sports physician, so will be interesting to see what he says. Just really bored with my rehab at the moment, but I know I have to be patient. See my OS in about 3 weeks.

I am hoping to get a job soon so I can go back to work. Am really missing not working. Last week I applied for 7 jobs. Hope to hear more about them this week or next.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »
Hi KG friends,

Had a really bad night's sleep last night, so slept in quite late. Today I just caught up on a few phone calls and did some study. I was rung about 2 more interviews today, which is great. One is on Wednesday evening and the other next week on Thursday. Hopefully one of those jobs comes off.

My back hasn't been great. Think I am going to take some painkillers soon and head to bed. As for my knee it has been ok, but been quite sore today. Ended up ringing my OS's rooms today as my knee has been swelling up when I go to the hydrotherapy pool. Got a call back from his rooms and he said it is ok to go to the hydro pool until I see him.

Tonight my parents had some people over for dinner that they wanted me to meet. I had dinner with them and have been in my room doing a bit of study. My back is starting to get really sore now. So, going to hit the sack.

Nick, all the best for your appointment tomorrow. I see my sports physician and psychologist tomorrow.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

Sorry you had a bad nights sleep last night hope tonight you can sleep better. I hope you interviews go ok as you been searching for a suitable job for a while now and hope you find a job that you enjoy doing. I hope you back pain eases for you and swelling in the knee goes down and glad you can still use the hydro pool.

Did you had a good time with your parents and their friends, today I finally get to see Mr Green and thanks for wishing me the best for my appointment.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »
Hi there,

Today I saw my sports physician and is pleased with my progress. I've still got a bit of swelling, which I think he is a bit concerned about. He thinks it is some scar tissue, but I am not too worried about it at this stage. Will ask him about it next time I see him, which is in two weeks and the week before I see my surgeon. My doctor is pleased with my strength and control of my quad muscles, so that's all good.

I am to start doing some walking to build up my endurance as there is no way I could do my previous type of work with the amount I can do at the moment. My doctor wants me to start pilates again for my back too, which is good. Just got a bit more red tape to get through before that. TAC approved my pilates in a group, but I need to have an assessment and 1 or 2 1 on 1 sessions before I can start the group. Grrrrr !!!! Tired of all the red tape.

Was hoping to start back at work soon, but he said I am at least another month away from it. Arrrrgggg !!!!! Just need to be a bit more patient.

Last night I had a much better night's sleep. Hope tonight is the same.

Nick, had a nice time with my parent's friends. They are really interesting people.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:14:18 PM by Silkncardcrafts »
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »
Glad the sleeping is better and may it continue.  Sounds like things are moving along for you knee wise.  The swelling should improve with time too, but keep an eye on it.  It should be helpful to get back to pilaties (sp?) for your back.  Anything that can ease back pain is a help.  You use the back muscles for so much! 

I hope you get job soon too, but not before your knee is ready.  I suppose as long as your new employer is aware of any restrictions and follows them you should be ok.

Take care.

MIlly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »
Hi KG friends,

Well, now my Mum has a migraine. Hate seeing her like that. We have had to call the locum doctor service. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Today I walked for 5 minutes, which went ok. It felt strange, but ok. Still a bit tight but will improve with time. I saw my physio this morning and suggested going every 2 days. So, the plan is to walk every second day and go to the hydro pool on alternate days.

I had two interviews today. The first one was ok, but found out it is only for 4 weeks which I'm not really interested in. Will ring them tomorrow to let them know. The other interview went well and are going to do reference checks. It would be a great place to work. The good thing about the second job is that it doesn't start till the end of May. So, would give me plenty of time to recover.

Still HATE my back !!!! Will take some strong painkillers soon. I really hope I can start the pilates soon. Just more red tape to go through with the TAC. Go to wait till they approve the assessment and the 1-1 pilates sessions. Really I think they are a waste of time since I have been doing pilates for so long now. Oh well, stuff happens.

Tomorrow is study day. They want me to have completed the assessments by the time I start work if I take the job I had the interview today which I am really keen on. It is in a nice private hospital.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2010, 03:10:59 PM »
Sorry about your Mom.  Hope she is feeling better soon.  I don't get migraines per se, but I do get some nasty migraine like sinus headaches, so I can understand a bit.

Good job on the walking.  Slow and easy though.  The second job sounds wonderful.  Hope it comes through for you.  STarting in May too, so lots of recovery time.

I sure hope they get the pilates issue straightened out soon.  If it helps you would think they would rather pay for that then expensive PT and or (heaven forbid) surgery.  Makes you wonder about the bureaucracy and red tape.

Good luck with the studies tomorrow.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

I hope your Mum recovered from her migraine as my Mum sometimes gets a migraine and it not very nice seeing her unwell. It would be nice for you to get the job that starts at the end of May as your knee will feel a lot better by then and would not need to take any sick leave. I hope your back pain eases for you and can start pilates soon.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
Hi All,

Last night I went to the hydro pool, which felt great. Today I went walking for 6 minutes. I seemed to walk faster, which was good and did walk a bit further. It wasn't on purpose though. Will go walking again on Sunday.

I have spent a lot of the day studying. Finished off another module, which is great. Just going to chill out tonight I think.

Mum has now recovered from her migraine, which is good.

Milly, I sure hope they get the pilates sorted soon. Yeah, it does make you wonder about the red tape. If they did things properly and more efficiently they would save so much money. They cause so much angst because they take forever to make decisions and then they wonder why clients are pissed off. Can't wait to get rid of the TAC, they are such idiots and so incompetent it's not even funny. I should write a book about it. For example, they sent out a letter to my practitioners twice with the wrong claim number on it and have sent it out a third time. Hopefully they get it right this time !

Nick, yeah it would be great if I got the job at the end of May. My back still doesn't feel great. It is hard as I am having to take really strong painkillers and then I find it hard to wake up in the morning.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

You mention the hydo pool a lot in your posts as my physio keeps pushing me to go and use a swimming pool and walk up and down the pool and paddle feet with a float in front of me to work on the quads. I am not a very strong swimmer and do not know of any hydro pools accept at private hospitals.

Its nice when you have finished off a module it makes you feel your achieved something, great news your mum has recovered from her migraine. My mum is starting to have pain in her right knee the last few days a shooting pain from the top of her knee hope its not a start of needing a TKR but she is coming up to 72 and had 8 kids so bound to have warn out the knees.

Its Easter weekend and had to work this morning and Sunday and Monday morning which is annoying as I never get any rest do not like working during the Easter period.

Happy Easter hope you have a good Sunday with your parents.

support