Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty  (Read 99095 times)

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
Hi there,

I hope you all had a nice Easter.

Mine was quite good, except yesterday when I work up I could hardly move. So, I had a hot bath and shower, which seemed to help. Then, took things pretty easy. Did catch up with a friend briefly in the afternoon. Last night I had a really bad night's sleep too. There were so many things going through my head plus my parents came back today from their beach house.

Today I had a very productive day today. Now finished all the study I needed to get done by the 16th of April. Dropping off some of the work tomorrow morning and to pick up some more work from my tutor. Done a lot of research into medical courses on the weekend too, which has been good. Now know which universities I want to go to and others I want to avoid.

My back doesn't seem to be letting up. So, think I am going to see if I can see my doctor again this week.

Nick, definitely try to get to the pool. It makes a big difference.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2010, 08:08:10 PM »
It is amazing they get anything done with all the red tape isn’t it?  I think the “wrong” claim number is just way to not pay for something (that’s my opinion though).  I don’t think they realize how much money they waste with inefficiencies.

Great work on finishing up the course work.  Feels good to get that all done.  I have some online stuff I have been trying to get at and hope to do some this week.

I think the lack of sleep and stress may be making your back feel worse too.  Hope you can get to the Pilates soon.

Nick – some physio places over her have a pool in them, and some of the will let you purchase a punch card to use it during open pool times.  Is there a larger center near you that may have something like that?  Usually these types of pools are all one depth with a separate deep pool.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Hey Milly,

I hate red tape so much and so sick of dealing with it. The place didn't ring back about the pilates. Will try tomorrow. You are so right about putting the wrong claim number. Got the letter today of all the documents they need for loss of income. Am furious as they already have more than 50% of it and some of it is just so unnecessary !!!! Grrrr !!!

Good luck with getting some of your study done. Picked up two other modules today that I need to do.

Totally agree with you on the lack of sleep and stress making my back worse. There is no doubt about that. Just so tired of being on so much medication which impacts on my life so much.

Tomorrow I will go to the hydro pool again. Then, Thursday will be walking. Contacted my doctor again today, well left a message with one of the receptionists. Expressed how important it is for him to get the message. Not heard back yet. Won't till at least Thursday now as he doesn't work Wednesdays.

11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Hope you have some luck contacting about pilates and can start working on your 2 modules and back eases soon and can go to the hydro pool. Be good if you hear back from your doctor soon.

Milly I would rather go to a smaller pool such as a hydro pool and be nice to have someone there telling you what to do rather then going to a public swimming bath. I would have to pay each time I use the pool and will come expensive in the long run and would have thought the NHS would provide a hydro pool in one of their hospitals.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:04 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been a bit MIA.

Been going through a pretty rough patch.

Have had it to hell and back with the TAC. They are just incompetent, plus my lawyer is not returning my calls. Will have to follow up again tomorrow. If people did their jobs properly there wouldn't be a problem. To top that off the receptionist supervisor of where I go is ignoring my calls which I find unacceptable. My doctor finally called me yesterday, but was asleep when he rang. I was glad that I didn't answer it as I was a bit teary and pretty upset yesterday.

Today I have spent a lot of the day gathering documents for the TAC, which I will post tomorrow. Also had an interview, which I think went quite well. Don't think the role is for me though. Need to email them to tell them I am no longer interested. This morning I went for about a 10 minute walk, which felt good. Tomorrow I will go to the hydro pool again.

Tomorrow I have another interview. Will be interesting to see how it goes. The role is at a private rehab facility.

Nick, I contacted the pilates place and are going to send a letter to TAC which I am still waiting to be done. It is really hard when you are waiting on other people to do their bit. You are crazy not to do to the pool. If you ask your physio I am sure he will be able to tell you what you need to do. If you are too nervous about it ask your physio if he knows of any hydrotherapy classes. They shouldn't be that expensive.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
Too bad about the red tape giving you a headache and then some.  It is so hard to wait on others to do their piece.  It also seems like when you are trying to advocate for yourself folks get angry with you.  It just does not seem right or fair.  I hope they get stuff together soon.  I hate taking too many drugs myself.  I'd rather chuck the lot if I could.

Good luck with your interview!

Nick - I would rather a hydrotherapy pool with a PT also.  Maybe your PT can point you in the right direction?  It's not terribly expensive here about $40 for about 6 sessions.  You can get a PT to show you exercises and the pool is always supervised.  (At least the one near my house is.  I just have not gotten a punch card yet as their open hours are before I get out of work.)  I found the even a few sessions (3-4) worked wonders for the quads.  I was suprized at how much work the water could be.  I was more tired from those than the land workouts!  Just wish I could have done that after my partial knee.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Sorry you have a migraine and going though a rough patch and having problems with the TAC. Good luck in the morning with the interview.

I agree with Milly and have found a physio centre not too far away that has a hydro pool and gym so will look into it and hope it is not too expensive.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2010, 01:30:54 AM »
Hi there,

My interview went well yesterday. Should hear sometime next week hopefully.

Yesterday morning I think I must have been jinxed. Followed up about my phone bill, electricity bill and something else and they had it wrong. Hopefully it will all be fixed soon.

Back pain is still bad as usual. I see my physio and doctor next Thursday and will be giving them a mouth full about the clinic administration.

My knee is ok, not much change there. Been increasing my walking and feels weird still, but I guess it is not surprising how long my knee was up the creek for.

Seeing my psychologist on Monday too, which should help.

Heading down to the beach for the weekend and staying with some friends. It will be great to get away. My Mum complained about it, but frankly I don't care. I need to run my own life and work out what is good for me.

Been working on my silk painting and hand made card website which has been fun. Did some silk painting too.

Have a good weekend. :)
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

Glad the interview went well yesterday hope you get the job as you been searching for one for some time and about time someone gave you a job as you waited long enough to find one. Sorry you still having problems with your back could you have a cortiosone injection in your back as I know someone who has back pain that has cortisone injections under semi sedation.

Good that you are increasing walking and hope your knee improves, be nice to spend some time at the beach, it is good to relax sometimes as we all need to relax once in a while it is good for ones health.

Good luck on Monday when you see your psychologist, and look forward seeing your cards on your website.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, spring has arrived in the UK was 17oc yesterday afternoon and will be a warm weekend with high pressure over the whole of the UK.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
Hi All,

It was really nice to get away. I have really cleared my head by going away.

I really enjoyed catching up with some old friends from the UK. We watched a great movie last night and went to a wonderful scrap booking and card shop near where they live. I could spend so much money in the shop. It is a pity it is so far away. Oh well, good excuse to visit my friends again soon.

It was quite windy over the weekend. Think we are heading in to our colder weather.

Last night I had another migraine, but took as much medication as I could to hit it on the end. Feel a bit washed out today. My knee is feeling ok, but often get reminded how long I have to go when I realise I can't walk far. I am too tired tonight to go to the hydro pool.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline itigo

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
Glad you had a good weekend Kirsty. I hope your knee is feeling stronger each day, even if it is a slow process.

Spent the whole day in the city today (was great fun!) so expecting to pay big time tomorrow - have physio but meant to be doing my pilates. Will see how it goes. Knee been misbehaving the last few days. Nothing particular, just uncomfortable when walking etc. Nice and vague to tell him! The twinges move around so it's hard to describe without sounding loopy!

Better go and get some rest. Sorry I haven't been on much - lots happening down here......will try harder!

Itigo x
1990 dislocated LK in hockey
1990 arthroscopy - debridement, cartilage removal
05 LK unstable and painful
May 06 dx tilting kneecaps
Nov 06 arthroscopy and open LR
Oct 07 debridement arthroscopy
Sept 09 - May 13 subluxing frequently
May 13 TTT and MPFL reconstruction

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »
Glad your weeked was a lot of fun.  Too bad about the migraine.  Hope that is better today.  Had a pretty quiet weekend.  I got a new medication that is supposed to help me relax and sleep better.  It kept me wide awake for 6 hours after taking it.  So going to call the doc and see what else I can take.  Just have not been sleeping well, but we do have a lot going on at home right now.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Pleased you had a good weekend apart from your migraine and could catch up with friends from the UK. It is warming up in the UK and spring has arrived, we are always the opposite to you that is why Australia is known as down and under in the UK.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »
Hi there,

Today I had an IME for the TAC. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still not wonderful. At least it is out the way now.

Hopefully TAC will now start paying for my psychology treatment again. They are complete pricks ! Sorry, just no other way to describe them.

Last night I didn't sleep very well again. Just so sick of it. Kept thinking about the conciliation coming up for my work cover claim. Am sure I will get something out of it, but worried they will be complete bullies. I've asked a friend to come along who is a lawyer for support. So, hopefully that will help.

I went for a walk today with my parent's lab. Was planning to go for a walk for about 10 minutes, but was only about 6 or 7 minutes. Think I am walking a lot faster than I was before. It feels really strange walking still. Doesn't feel unstable, but still weird. Will ask my OS about it next week when I see him. Tomorrow I am going to go to the hydro pool.

Itigo, maybe it's time you go back to see the sports physician. I wouldn't put up with it. Still waiting for TAC to approve the assessment and 1-1 sessions for my pilates before I can start it. Think I will chase it up with the pilates studio tomorrow. Just want to start it.

Milly, my migraine has gone which is good. Sorry you are not sleeping well, either I am. So much going on so not really a surprise.

Nick, glad the weather is improving. I sent you a message on facebook. Hope you got it.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline anniehine

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

What bastards eh?  As if you need all these problems on top of your surgery, I don't know how you do it!

I'm walking-ish..can walk around the house without crutches now whoop whoop!! Although taking it easy coz I don't want to push it!  You doing 10 mins is so reassuring for me to hear..I might be able to do that soon!

I'm going to try out my local Hydro pool.  I know you use yours alot, what exercises would you recommend?  My P.T. has advised just walking about but for £7 a bash I wanna try and get some exercises in my mind in case I feel I can do more!

Annie  :)
Left knee started dislocating at 7 years old
Hypermobile
Arthroscopic scope April 2009
Trochleoplasty at 28 years old (10.2.10)
Did 1st SLR 1.4.10 WHOOP!!
Walked through house without crutches (12.4.10) very pleased with myself!!