Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty  (Read 89030 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Really pleased for you that your post op appointment with your OS went well and is happy with the way the surgery went and knee is healing up well. It good to gradually go back to work rather then going back full time straight away to give your knee a chance to recover fully from the surgery. Great news you can go back to gym and clinical pilates in 2 weeks time.

Sorry you were kept awake due to knee pain but I am sure your physio and sports physician wil ease some of the pain for you. I am annoyed not seeing Dr Brown for IMS earlier as my knee is back to square one again and the 2 sessions I have had has been a waste of time as it is not on a regular basis.

Have a good weekend.

Nick :) {2011} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
Hi All,

Went out for brunch today with some friends. Had to rest when I got back as my knee was so sore. About to go out with friends for dinner.

It's obviously still going to take some time to recover. Will be 3 weeks on Monday.

Milly, definitely building up slowly. My knee doesn't like it when I push it too much. Hope you're having an ok weekend.

Nick, yeah very pleased with what my surgeon had to say. So glad I can go private and not rely on the public system. It's worse here I think. Things are gradually getting better at night. My sports physician's suggestion is working well. The IMS may not be a waste of time, but I can understand your frustrations.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Hope you had a good time with your friends it nice to be able to meet up to take your mind off your back and knee problems. 3 weeks already since your surgery and time seems to fly by as you get older each year. Glad you have got some good advise from your sports physician and he been really helpful since the start of your knee problems. I do think it a waste of time having IMS if there a large gaps between sessions as my knee is back to how it was before my sessions started, thanks to the NHS overbooking Dr Browns appointments. It not Dr Brown fault as he was going to book me in for my 3rd session in 4 weeks and when I went to the reception she told me he over booked and will have to wait 7 weeks.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
Hi All,

Last Thursday I saw my sports physician. He said I wasn't ready for the gym or pilates but to start with the exercises my physio has given me. Then, we will reassess next week. Hopefully I can start with the gym or clinical pilates. He did say I can start some walking. So, I went for a short walk yesterday. It got a bit sore but felt pretty good.

I still ice it at night time as that is when the pain is worst.

Nick, not long till you see Dr Brown. Next week isn't it ? Do ask him about some better pain relief. I am sure he will have some good ideas.

Hope you're all having a good week.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Glad you have such an understanding and decent sports physician who you must know well by now and bet he feels like an uncle to you as you both seem to get on well. You will soon be able to go to the gym and pilates it just takes a while and your sports physician knows best what you should and should not be doing.

I will be seeing Dr Brown next week wednesday and will ask him about other ways to reduce the knee pain and feel a 3rd cortisone injection might help reduce some of the pain. I have not had one for over a year so should be ok to have a 3rd injection.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2011, 02:54:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I updated on my progress.

Having the chrondroplasty was the best decision I made. Am mostly pain free now and am now doing two clinical pilates sessions and some walking each walk. Feels so much better. I really feel that I will be able to make more progress now.

Seeing my sports physician in the morning. When I saw him a few weeks he thought I wasn't ready for the gym and will probably be a way off yet.

Unfortunately I am having some issues with my left knee. Will discuss with my sports physician tomorrow. I will also ask my surgeon when I see him in about a month. It is grating a lot, sometimes painful and just annoying. Suspect I may have another cartilage tear. Will just have to wait and see.

Hope you are all doing well.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Glad things are going better knee wise.  The griding may be more wear in the left knee.  Hopefully you can hold off doing anything major with it.  I dont' worry about noises that don't hurt.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

Great news that the chrondroplasty has worked out well for you and are more and less pain free again and can do some clinical pilates that I know you enjoy doing. I hope the appointment went ok with your sports physician as I know you get on well with him and is very understanding just like Dr Brown my sports physician.

Not so good news about your left knee and should get your OS to check it out that must be annoying for you now your right knee is more and less sorted out.

Have a good weekend.

Nick  :) {2011} :)

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the pilates. Trying to get some walking in too but hard with my shifts at the moment. Still waiting to hear back from my manager whether I can go down to two shifts.

My sports physician was really pleased with my progress. He said not to worry about the grating. Also getting pain with it. He doesn't want to change anything right now as I am doing quite well and the best place I have been in for years. He said that I am doing all the right things so hopefully it will improve.

Will definitely mention it to my knee surgeon, but probably won't want to do anything just yet. Just scared as I am doing well and so over knee surgery.

My anxiety and stress have been quite bad as I have work issues to deal with, my Mum broke her wrist and Dad has a burst baker's cyst. Plus TAC have been up to their usual tricks. Just so over things right now. I badly want to book a holiday but waiting to get news about my shifts first.

Thanks for your support.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2011, 06:17:09 PM »
Glad things are going pretty well knee wise anyway.  Work can be so stressful sometimes.  And to have other stress at home does not help.  Hope you can take a short holiday soon.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2011, 05:38:49 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Really pleased for you that you can return back to pilates as it is something you enjoy doing. Great that your sports physician is really positive about your progress and its about time things went right for you and your knees.

Sorry you are under stress and does not help when things go wrong for your parents and having the same problems with TAC. I think since I 1st got to know you on KG you had problems with TAC that never seems to improve over time.

You deserve a holiday and usually go away around June/July and also need a break from my work and still have 4 weeks left till 1st April 2012 and will take a week off in the summer. I am still having problems at work and my Boss and cannot seem to find a suitable job and have just seen my support worker who told me grass is not always greener on the other side. It cannot be as bad as it is at the moment where I work!

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd post an update since I haven't been on here in a while.

My right knee is a lot better now although I still get pain in my knee at times. Hopefully it continues to improve over time.

I am now doing clinical pilates twice a week and really reaping the benefits. Hopefully I can start in the gym when I see my surgeon at the end of September.

Work has settled down now and have gone casual. Doing a combination of three casual jobs, which is working well. Still gives me time for rest, appointments and other things.

Hope you are all doing well.

Been pretty cold in Melbourne. Would love some warm weather right now.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

It has so far been a failrly cool Summer in the UK with a few hot days and prefer cooler temperatures into the low to mid 20s is more bearable then late 20s to mid 30s plus. It will soon be Spring in Australia and the days are getting shorter now in the UK with Autumn just around the corner. The kids have broken up last week for their summer break for 6 weeks.

I am going away next week with my mum to Lincolnshire and the Peak District in Derbyshire and need time away from work. Glad your right knee is finally more and less sorted out and are able to do clinical pilates twice a week and maybe be able to increase over a period of time. Good for you doing some causual work that gives you something to do during the daytime rather then being stuck at home all day.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2011, 03:22:14 PM »
Well, it has been a while since I updated.

Things were going really well until a mishap at Pilates in mid August. My usual Pilates physio was away and the one I had didn't look at my notes properly and ended up doing things I am not supposed to do. Since then my right knee has not been the same. Am seeing my surgeon on Friday. So, will be interested to hear what he thinks. I personally think I have another cartilage tear.

Will update again when I see him.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
Well drat!  Hopefully it's nothing to serious.  Hate for a new tear for you.  Since I've had so many troubles with PT and such over the years I have no troubles saying I won't do something.  I even told a PT once to go ahead and write on my chart I was a "difficult" patient if it made them feel better.  I just knew that what I was being asked to do would cause too much pain for days after.  It's my body after all.

Hope you feel better soon.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

support