Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty  (Read 88108 times)

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »
Am keeping this short.  Not feeling very well with sinus stuff add to that new llights at work that we must keep on for 24 hours or something.  Too bright for my headache. 

Driving is good.  Makes you feel less dependent.  I think the quad tendon cut is probably rather small.  I also had a bit of one with my partial knee.  Painful yes, but not terrible and could walk unaided about 3-4 weeks after surgery. 

Let us know what the knee surgeon says.

MIlly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Good luck today with your OS appointment, by the time you read this post it will be Wednesday morning in Australia. Good that the Cryo Cuff is helping and are not overdoing it too much and hope that your arthritis does not get worse. 

I  have not yet got a letter for an earlier appointment to see Mr Green or an NHS physio but decided I will carry on seeing my private physio as he knows what he talking about and is a lot better then the NHS physio's I have seen. I will contact him this week and asked him if it would be a good idea to see Dr Brown who a sports physician at the NHS hospital I had my surgery. Sports physician are not that well known in the UK as a GP or physio do bother to refer a patient to a sports physician.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:53 AM »
Hi All,

I had a really good appointment with my knee surgeon. He is really pleased with my progress so far. I go back to see him in 6 weeks time.

He said I can start in the hydro pool, which is great. I am only allowed to do that as a form of exercise until I see him next. He wants me to continue building up my quads with static quad exercises and leg raises. It will be very booooooring, but I just need to be patient.

My surgeon said I can start work as long as I don't do any lifting. So, I have already spoken to one of my supervisors about my sports trainer work. I have a shift on the 16th of March at an Athletic event and then hopefully more after that. Will speak to my sports physician about the other sports trainer job as it involves a fair bit of massage which I think would put too much pressure on my knee and also shoulder and back.

So, all in all I am really happy with the way things are going.

Milly, interesting you have had a headache. I have also had one for the last few days. Seems to be going now. Hope you feel better soon. You were right, the quad tendon was only cut a little bit, not much at all. My OS said it shouldn't make too much a difference to my recovery. I think it is something they do quite often for the types of surgery we have had.

Nick, my suggestion would be to go and see a sports physician to try and get some order in to your recovery. They may be able to push for an earlier appointment. Sports physicians are becoming a lot more popular in the UK and GPs and physios do refer to them when needed.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »
The headache was just made worse by the new lights.  Of course I have to sit with them on again today.  Ugh!  Hope I can turn the darn things off tomorrow.  This is really hurting.  Makes my computer screen swim in front of my eyes.

The pool is so nice to get into and work on the knees.  It's nice to be able to get back to work a bit too.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »
Hi All,

Just a quick update.

Today I moved out of my Mum and Dad's house as they have sold it and need a few days to clean it. I felt as I could not do much except pack my things. We are staying at some family friend's who are away on holiday until we move in to the new place next Wednesday. Can't wait as I have been living out of a suitcase for about 6 weeks.

I spoke to my supervisor at the hospital I do casual Allied Health Assistance work at. We decided it is in my best interest and theirs to wait until I see my OS again as I am not able to lift and no guarantee that doesn't happen as some patients are not too mobile. Think it will be the same for the other sports trainer job I have. I spoke to the head trainer and I would need to be able to do massage standing up, which I think would be too hard on my feet. I have emailed my knee surgeon about that. So, will see what he thinks.

So, I think it will be at least another 6 weeks before I can really work.

Tomorrow I will try going to the hydro pool. Just feel too tired tonight to go.

Milly, sorry about your headache. Yeah, I am looking forward to getting in the pool. It will be a great feeling. Mine has gone today, but generally not feeling that well. I am seeing my doctor again on Tuesday so will mention it to him.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to wait and see what the OS says before you try to work and get hurt.  The headache is better as I finally got to turn the big overhead light off.  I just have my task lights on and it is much darker and more soothing.  I do use the big light when I really need it, but don't like it on all day.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Very wise not to rush going back to work and to get advise from your OS 1st as I made the mistake of going back to work too soon and ended up making my knee worse. I was not ment to lift heavy items but did as I did not want my knee to stop me doing my job. I may asked Russ my Physio if I should see a sports physician as I think it would be helpful.

I hope the move was not too stressful for you and your parents, hope the new place is nice and can settle in well.

Milly glad your headache has gone as its no fun having a headache.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
Hi Nick & Milly

Have you deserted the Dudettes and Dudes ?    We miss you!!!!!!

JohnK/Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry it has been a few days since I updated. Not been feeling very well and think I may have done too much.

I have been spending the last few days resting and catching up on sleep as well as doing some study.

On Friday I had an interview and forgot to take my crutches with me to use afterwards. After that I saw my psychologist and was in a fair bit of pain then. By the time I got home I was exhausted and in a lot of pain. Just shows where I am at. So, I have decided to still use one crutch when I go out.

Yesterday I went to a 1st birthday party and went to get a present in the morning. I was tired in the afternoon, but not as sore. So, obviously still need to use my crutch.

Milly, hope your headache has gone completely now. I think I am coming down with a chest infection. Yuck !!!

Nick, I would just get your GP to do a referral to a sports physician. They would ensure you are getting the right treatment and help.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

You still need to rely on your crutches which is fine and glad you saw your psychologist but ashame that you were in a lot of pain, hope you had a good time at the 1st birthday party.

I still not got a call or letter from Mr Green Secretary saying he can see me earlier and maybe it would be a good idea to see a sports physician and will as my physio what he thinks about seeing one when I see him next week.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 02:45:50 PM »
The headache is much better now.  I can keep the big lights off now, so much easier on my eyes.  I hope you are not comming down with a chest infection.  That can be miserable.  You will be able to stop with the crutches in time.  If you still need it, you still need it.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »
Hi All,

It turns out that I have a bacterial infection. Glad I know what it is now. My doctor could tell I had something by the sound in my voice.

My doctor is pleased with my progress. Still have a bit of swelling. He has suggested getting in to the pool once this week and just get in. Then, next week work on the range of movement.

I have been resting a fair bit today as I still not been feeling that well.

Been getting a bit frustrated with still having to use a crutch, but just need to be patient. I guess I am just sick of them already.

I missed out on a job, which was disappointing. Rang them up to find out what I could have done to improve my chances and said my references were unfavourable, which has never happened to me before. I had a gut feeling it wasn't going to work as they were trying to put the pressure on me to get in contact with my referees the same day that I had my interview and they followed up a few days after the surgery and demanded the contact details. I found it hard to understand as I was recovering from surgery and also in the midst of trying to move house. Today I spoke with my doctor about going back to work and have decided it would be best that I wait until I go back to my knee surgeon for my next review. There is one job I am going to apply for and by the time the interview process etc goes through it would be 6 weeks.

Been looking in to iphones. Hope to get one in the next few weeks when my current mobile phone plan expires.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Hope you recover soon from your bacterail infection, good that your OS is pleased with your progress but might as well use the crutch until knee feels more stable again. Sorry you missed out on another job opportunity I hope you find a job you like in the end as you been searching for a long time with no success. Best to get the all clear from your OS before going back to work full time and good idea buying a iphone when your mobile contract runs out.

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
Hi Nick

How much work can you do on these frosty mornings??

I think that an iphone is a waste of money - should go the whole hog and get a blackberry. delighted to see that you have become a 2010 donar. KnneGuru needs every support, as it`s  MOST SUPER source of knowledge for injuries to knees.

I would not risk trying to walk without a crutch until such time as the OS authorises this.

JohnK/Manchester UK

Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
Kirsty,

Hope the infection is better.  Too bad on the job, but keep looking you'll eventually find one that is right for you.  The knee sounds like it is going well.  I would think it best to wait for full time until the OS clears you though.  Don't want to damage the good work done.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt