Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty  (Read 99092 times)

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Kirsty's Right Knee Chrondroplasty and Trochleoplasty
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »
Hopefully the TAC will get the approvals and pay for what they should.  It seems a crime to me that these things are set up to help someone who has been injured, then runs them around trying to get help.  Honestly!  I know there are people out there that try to abuse it and it makes it harder for those of us that really need it.

The weekend was fairly quiet.  I've decided that now that the weather is getting better and we have more light longer...I need to wash my curtains!  My goodness, I did not notice how dusty they have gotten.  Now that my son is "taller than mom" he can help me pull them down.  Thankgoodness I don't have any fancy drapes!   

Walikng the dog sounds like fun.  My dog and I have not gone on a walk in a very long time.  We both have pretty nasty arthritis.  His is a front shoulder.  Poor guy.  I think this summer we may be able to do some short runs, since the left knee is strong now.  I just have to not push the right one too far until it can get fixed.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
Hi All,

It has been quite a busy day.

We had some problems with the sewerage and stank like anything. So, the plumber came first thing this morning and fixed it.

Also saw a sports physician that my shoulder surgeon referred me to. We talked about a new treatment which involves a series of injections and think they could really help with my shoulder and back. So, pretty excited about that. Just need to organise a blood test first to check that is ok. Then, I can go ahead with having the injections. I see my usual doctor tomorrow. So, will discuss it with him. I know he's not too keen about it but is one of my last options to try as I seem to be getting no where with everything else I have tried.

I went to the hydro pool tonight, but didn't stay long as my back and knee were pretty sore. Was important for me to do even just a little bit. Tomorrow I will take my parent's lab walking again. Think I will try for 15 minutes if I  can. Still feels weird, but getting there. I think I am definitely walking faster and more confident. Just feels so strange after it being unstable for so long.

Been trying to finalise some paper work for the TAC so that I can get paid for loss of income. It is ridiculous as to what you need to provide, even my lawyer thinks so. Have to let him know if there is anything I think is unreasonable. Will be emailing him in the next few days. Photocopied most stuff now, just need to do the bank statements.

Also done some study today. Hope to finish my last written module tomorrow.

Annie, yeah the TAC are complete pricks !!! Wouldn't want anyone to go through what I am going through right now. Great to hear you are doing much better. As for the hydro pool I generally walk up and down the pool and also do a cycling movement in the pool leaning against a wall. Hope that helps.

Milly, I just hope that TAC don't take too long to approve the assessment and 1 on 1 sessions for pilates. Still waiting to hear back. I will chase up the pilates studio tomorrow. Really want to start it. Will also talk to my surgeon next week whether it is ok to start some lower leg stuff. It is amazing how dusty things can get. My Mum and Dad removed the clear curtains in my room. So, now just have ordinary curtains and a blind. Makes it much better.

Anyway, heading off to take my painkillers and head to bed.

11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
Hang in there with all the TAC paperwork.  Maybe the injections will at least let the back calm down.  If the inflammation gets better maybe the spasms will too.

Well keeping it short today.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:22 AM »
Hi All,

Today has been pretty busy so far.

I saw my doctor and physio this morning. My physio helped loosen my back and shoulder up, which was good. He didn't get my message last week. So, not happy at all. Left another message requesting I be rung about it. The clinic just don't seem to care. Asked my doctor how I could get messages to him and said to use emails for reports. Doesn't address the problems with the stupid receptionists though. He is not that keen about the injections, but will see how it goes.

Just feel like crying as I just found out that I missed out on the job I really wanted. It was between me and someone else and just missed out on the skin of my teeth. So hard when that happens. Still got one more job I am waiting to hear back about that I had an interview for last week.

Milly, thanks. I just want all the TAC crap behind me. My doctor is sick of too.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
Glad the PT could help your back and shoulder some.  Sorry about the job.  It is tough to miss it by just a little bit.  I hope the last one pans out for you.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
Hi Kirsty,

Was going to post in your thread on Tuesday but the KG website crashed so could not do any postings.
So sorry you did not get the job and was so close getting it but I am sure you will find a job in the end the suits you.

The injections in your shoulder and back looks promising and really hope it helps ease the pain and discomfort. Got your message on facebook and was really helpful, as what happened to me last week was really stressful.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »
Hi All,

Well, I am so glad it is the end of the week. Feels like it has been the week from hell !!!

TAC are just so unbelievable. Today I got a letter in the mail about attending another IME, but didn't say what for or what time and date. So, I rang them up and blasted my case manager. They are just so incompetent. Then I also found out they want to send me for an IME for my loss of income. What idiots !!!! Was told by the case manager looking after my loss of income they would only do that if they were unsatisfied after getting the info from my doctor. Will be getting onto my lawyer early next week. Sent more info off today for the loss of income. They are just arseholes. Sorry, just needed to vent.

I followed up today about the letter for the pilates and still hadn't been done. Grrrrrr !!!! It was meant to be done today, but still not heard anything. It will be a few months probably before anything happens knowing the TAC. Just so sick of the crap !

My right knee has been pretty sore the last few days, so have eased off on exercise. I was going to go to the hydro pool tonight, but think if I'd gone it would have flared my knee up more. Will try to go for a walk tomorrow.

Milly, yeah it is really tough when you miss out on a job so close. Oh well, stuff just happens sometimes.

Nick, yeah hopefully the injections will help. Just got to have the blood test first.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »
Well it is Friday, so try to relax and enjoy the weekend.  Someday (let it be ASAP), you will have all the TAC garbage behind you.  The tension and stress of dealing with it all does not help the back and pain issues in the least.  It is good to vent when you are so frusterated.  Hope your weekend is restful.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:38 AM »
Hi All,

So glad it is the weekend now. Going to try and relax. Just so sick of dealing with the TAC. They are complete morons !!! Will be getting on to my lawyer next week as well as the case manager for my loss of income.

My knee is still really sore. It will be interesting to see what my OS says next week.

Today I am going to a silk painting exhibition with a friend and then tomorrow I am going out with a friend for lunch to a Japanese restaurant. Should be fun.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline itigo

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Hiya

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Have a good day tomorrow. I hope the TAC sort themselves out soon........... I'm about to watch the Collingwood match tonight (ssshhhh!) and of course will watch tomorrow's too - I'm really getting into watching the footy! I've always loved rugby union so I find it fun to watch - much less stoppage. I like to have something to talk to the physio about too. He despairs of my lack of support for any English sport (I support Wales in the rugby)!

Hope your knee feels better for the rest............

Itigo x
1990 dislocated LK in hockey
1990 arthroscopy - debridement, cartilage removal
05 LK unstable and painful
May 06 dx tilting kneecaps
Nov 06 arthroscopy and open LR
Oct 07 debridement arthroscopy
Sept 09 - May 13 subluxing frequently
May 13 TTT and MPFL reconstruction

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2010, 10:04:39 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

Glad its the weekend as well but have to work in the early mornings this weekend at work, my Boss was away on Friday and again Monday so was nice to work for a change. I hope you can sort out the problems with TAC as you had nothing but hassle from them. Sorry your knee is still sore, hope you had a good time at the silk painting exhibition. Enjoy tomorrow at the Japanese restaurant with your friend.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
Hi All,

Today I went to a great silk painting exhibition. It was for my old silk painting teacher. Gave me some new ideas. Some of it was presented quite badly. On a website about the exhibition it says it is free, but they tried to charge us entry. Told them online it said it was free. So, we got in for free.

My knee felt really sore when I got up this morning. It is still feeling sore, but not as bad tonight.

I have applied to do a Masters in Applied Japanese Linguistics from July.

Itigo, good on you for watching the footy. Had it on in the background tonight while doing some job applications.

Nick, thanks. I sure hope to sort things out with the TAC. They are complete idiots and moron. Looking forward to going to the Japanese restaurant tomorrow.

11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
Hi All,

Hope you had a good weekend. My weekend was really nice. Very relaxing and nice to catch up with some good friends.

Feeling very frustrated today.

I have tried 3 time to ring the case manager at the TAC looking after my loss of income and is never available. Grrrr !!!! My right knee is feeling crap as well. The bone pain doesn't feel good. I was supposed to see my OS on Thursday, but the appointment has been rescheduled as he is stuck in London because of the impact of the Iceland volcano. So, now seeing him next week on Monday. I have tried to get an appointment with my sports physician, but can't get in to see him as he is fully booked. It really does suck when you are having problems. I have left a message, but not that hopeful he will return will my call.

Got a meeting tonight which I really don't fancy going to, but will go anyway.

11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline anniehine

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:26 AM »
Hi Kirsty,

Sorry to hear you're in pain, what's happening with the knee, I thought all was going well?  I'm sloooowly getting better. Was walking around my garden in the warm sunshine on Sat without crutches   ;D but then by yesterday evening it was all swollen and felt a bit wobbly  :-\  Still, I'm up to sets of 25 SLRs now so strength is getting there!

Annie
Left knee started dislocating at 7 years old
Hypermobile
Arthroscopic scope April 2009
Trochleoplasty at 28 years old (10.2.10)
Did 1st SLR 1.4.10 WHOOP!!
Walked through house without crutches (12.4.10) very pleased with myself!!

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »
Hi Annie,

My sports physician rang back tonight. He said he doesn't like the sound of it. Thinks I may be overloading it too much. So, the plan is to try to keep doing the walking, but stop the hydro pool. The bone pain is just horrible.

It is still going well, just maybe my knee is not ready for the amount of exercise I have been doing. Grrr !!!

That is wonderful you are getting better and doing so much better now.

I see my OS in a week. Hopefully he'll be back by then.

11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair