Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Work restrictions following oats Osteochondritis transplant  (Read 807 times)

Offline lostandhopeles

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Work restrictions following oats Osteochondritis transplant
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »
I have been working on a knee injury for the last 30 months. In May of 2009 I had an OATS procedure performed. It has been the hardest thing that I have ever been thru. I was hurt climbing into a trailer at work in October of 2007. I have had several procedures done prior to surgery. Including 2 scopes and a 5 shot round of injections. And 18 to 20 months of P/T. In May of 2009 I had an oats procedure done. The technical names are Osteochondral autograft transplant, medial femoral condyle and trochlear grove. At my last visit with the O/S I was told that he would release me to full work duties with the execption of NO kneeling. I did not think this would be a problem as I drive semi and do not kneel. My employer said that they would not take me back if I had any restrictions. NOW the question, Is this a typical restriction for this procedure. Are there any other restrictions that may be applied as time goes on.