Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OS cancelled ssurgery!  (Read 1162 times)

Offline cray

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
OS cancelled ssurgery!
« on: September 24, 2003, 12:33:42 AM »
I was scheduled for ACI on 10/06/03. Worker's Comp. approved the surgery and the biopsy was taken 07/28/03. The OS's office called today to say that the surgery is cancelled. They say that the hospital won't allow any more to be done because they're not getting paid by the insurance companies. I guess the approval from worker's comp. means nothing.
It seems that the OS should have known this before doing the biopsy.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: OS cancelled ssurgery!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 01:33:47 AM »
Have you contacted workman's comp about it? Maybe they can provide some kind of guarantee letter to the hospital, stating that your procedure will be paid for. It couldn't hurt to ask.

What about the possibility of your os using a different hospital or outpatient surgery center? My os uses 2 different hospitals, does procedures at one on tuesdays, the other on thursdays.

Wish you luck!
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: OS cancelled ssurgery!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 01:41:08 AM »
Hello there,
     I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was for you. Thats terrible and you must be so upset. You should contact them and let them know what is going one. Let us know what happenes....Good Luck....Jillian
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline cray

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: OS cancelled surgery!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 04:39:04 AM »
Thanks for tips and support. I have an appointment with my OS on Thursday. I'll let you know what happens.

support