Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sore VMO  (Read 1053 times)

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Sore VMO
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »
Since my op last August i've been working like mad on the vmo and a couple of times, mostly when i did my exercises 5 tiems a day.  At the moment I'm only doing them 3 times a day but I've got a bit of soreness in the vmo.  I'm not really sure what to do.  Do I miss exercises for a couple of days in which case I will be missing out on strengthenning or do I keep on going?  If I keep on going can I damage the muscle and make it weaker?  Also, if it gets painful will the muscle shut down?

Anyone have any ideas?
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: Sore VMO
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »
Your muscles actually build their strength when they are resting in between the exercises. If you're not letting them have any rest then you might just have done too much of active work and not enough recovery. I'm guessing you mean a different kind of soreness to that "good" ache feeling when you know you've worked out effectively? If so, then I'd suggest a couple of days rest. Give the muscles time to rest and recuperate. Stretch and massage in the interim. You won't lose any function by having a couple of days off, just the opposite.

How are things going otherwise?

Lottie  :)
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Sore VMO
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:37:32 PM »
Yes! it is not the good soreness, where you feel you are building up the muscle.

Do you think deep heat would help or even when they're not sore would it help get them working better?
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

support