Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bubble in knee for 14 years?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline kneebubble

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Bubble in knee for 14 years?
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »
I am hoping someone can solve my knee bubble problem..

When I was 14 I dislocated my knee during a high-kick in kickboxing. It effectively popped out and then popped back in again. I was pretty much told that it was due to muscle weakness on the inside thigh/leg. Not being overly dedicated to the muscle strengthening exercises I ended had the same thing happen on three other occasions over the next 4 years.  The second last time that it happened I started to notice what felt like a 1/2 inch bubble on the inside of my knee that would move about when pushed. It would feel uncomfortable until I pushed it (I assume) back under or to the side of the knee cap. I did get it ultrasounded at the time but it didn't show anything up (the bubble was hidden when this happened). As I wasn't overly active at the time I just put up with it. It'd appear every now and then, and I would push it around until it felt comfortable again, or it would 'jolt' itself back into place. I noticed it would appear more if I was being more active or squatting down.

14 years later I figure it is about time to get it sorted out. I've also started jogging which is making the bubble more active.

Any ideas on what it is?

Also, who do I see to get it looked at?

Thank you!

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Bubble in knee for 14 years?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
Hey there!  Sounds like you have some kind of floater in there.  I would see if you can get in to see an orthopeadic surgeon.  It would seem reasonable to assume that he/she will want to scope it and see if they can find the bubble or whatever it is.  Good luck.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Bubble in knee for 14 years?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
I wonder if it could be an inflamed plica, but their not usually that big.  I had something that felt like a bubble on the top/outer parrt of the patella and in my scope I had plicas taken out and the bubble has gone.  I also had a piece of my acl floating about so it may have been something to do with that.

I think a scope is probably the best thing, but maybe an mri first.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

support