Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What now?  (Read 708 times)

ncarson

What now?
« on: February 07, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a veteran kneegeek returning after a few years away from this site.  My knees have been behaving fairly well over the past few years except from the ongoing constant OA pain which I have had to learn to live with.  Recently though I slipped in the snow but didnt fall and bang my knee, I grabbed onto the fence to stop myself falling and although I didn't feel any major damage at the time, a week or so later my knee is giving me a lot of pain, I think I may have hyperextended it (I'm hypermobile so this is a possibility) but I'm not sure, it all happened so quickly, but I'm having a LOT of pain at the back of my knee which radiates up to the top of my thigh and also at the top of my kneecap which extends all the way down the front of my shin almost to my ankle, also about 6 inches or so above the kneecap.  I wonder if anyone has any ideas on what I might have done, could it be ACL injury, PCL, its a long time since I was on this site and I can't really remember all the different things which could be wrong.  I'm waiting for an appointment to see an OS but with it being the NHS who knows how long that will take!  Any suggestions would be great, at least if I have an idea of what I'm dealing with then I can be more prepared for what might have to be done, I'm no stranger to surgery and am also waiting for another athroscopy to clean out one of my knees AGAIN!  Any ideas on what I could have done?  Thanks.

Natalie.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:04:49 PM by ncarson »