Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can't walk, pain. advice please!!  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Toni1008

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can't walk, pain. advice please!!
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
Hello, A year and a half ago i dislocated my knee, followed the recovery and had no problems, yesterday i was playing football and my knee popped out, then in again, it was very painful, but i was still able to walk and bend my knee, today its extremly painful to put any pressure on my knee and theres swelling, its also very stiff.. should i go to a doctor? or do i just need rest?

Offline ohsobright

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • I will not be defined by the things I cannot do.
Re: Can't walk, pain. advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
Hi Toni,
       I would get to the doctor, having dislocated your knee before and you felt as if it had done so again, it needs checked out. Did you try RICE when you got home? (rest, ice, compression, elevation) that should help. You may just have aggravated the pprevious injury but you need to rule out other damage, including perhaps an avulsion fracture.
Good Luck, thinking of you.
14/12/09 slipped, Lt TPF, spiral # tibia, # fibula,# disloc patella,lig ruptures.
17/12/09 ORIF, bone graft.
21/12/09 discharged full leg backslab NWB
30/12/09 staples out full cast NWB.
20/1/10 cast brace NWB
22/2/10 PT
3/3/10 Cast off, PWB
31/3/10 WB with cane
23/6/10 FWB

ncarson

Re: Can't walk, pain. advice please!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:24:36 AM »
Hi Toni,

I would definitely get it checked out, I have had multiple dislocations and subluxations and every time they have taken an x-ray to make sure there is no bone damage and also get checked out for ligament damage, some subluxations can still cause soft tissue damage, you may need to be put into a split depending on how bad the subluxation was and if there is any soft tissue damage - better to be safe than sorry, I'm talking from experience as I went for years without treatment for dislocations and subluxations and I'm now paying the price with severe osteoarthritis - get it checked out and if there no damage then great, but if there is at least you've had it treated appropriately.  Good luck.

Natalie.

support