Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee pain aggrivation  (Read 949 times)

Offline suprwmn45

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pain aggrivation
« on: January 28, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »
Im a bit concerned and aggrivated.  I went to an ortho after having an expensive MRI done on my knee just so the ortho could read off the results and not even look at the films...WTH!!  There was one slide that particularly concerned me and he blew it off.  I have attached the slide...on the left side there is this "thing" that appears to be detached...what is the "thing"?  I cant take steriods because of allergies that this doc never heard of, so he gave me some topical cream for cartilage damage behind the kneecap.  There is no cream in the world that will get to cartilage unless injected there. I have had my other knee (left) scoped for patella cartilage damage.  This injury feels nothing like that.  The medial side of my knee has a pinch when I walk and it hurts to fully extend my knee without having pain on the back side of my knee.  Is there anyone here that knows what I am talking about?  Maybe I was just smarter than his average patients.  I know that by the end of the visit I had no patience with him.  I plan on going back for a followup, but it will NOT be with that doctor.

Lisa

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: knee pain aggrivation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »
Do you have a copy of the MRI report from the radiologist?  Sometimes those little "things" are normal, but we are not used to reading the films.  If not, see about getting a copy. Did the OS give you a diagnosis?  He may just feel like the knee is inflammed or sprained.  Did the OS order the MRI?  Sometimes they can get funny about films they did not do or order.  Post back when you know more after the follow up.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Aggiecatcher

• Regular Poster
Re: knee pain aggrivation
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
Yeah, looking at an MRI with an untrained eye is pretty hard. Since you are looking at a tiny slice of your knee, you might not see the connection.   If you got a bad vibe from your doc, you need a new doc. Get your films and get out of there.

It just sucks juggling life and knee injuries.  You just want to be better, and sometimes i get the feeling the docs don't believe you.  Yes, I want to sit in your office for an hour while you make me wait.  I want to go get an MRI.  I want to have surgery, more pain, cost, and inconvenience.  Find a great doc...I really miss mine (he's out of network and I can't afford to see him).  My new doc treats me like its an inconvenience for me to see him.  He's supposedly the BEST in my region, but if he treats me like that at my next appointment, it will be my last.  Good luck...find a new doc asap.

support