Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: post oats recovery and restrictions  (Read 918 times)

Offline lostandhopeles

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
post oats recovery and restrictions
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
I Had the oats procedure on my left knee on May 15 2009 I have been going to therpy and work conditioning since then. I saw the O/S this morning about returning to full duty at work. I am a city semi driver for a national ltl company. The O/S released me to return to work with only one limation. I am not allowed to kneel. Is this a normal restrication ? My employer has already told me that they will not allow me back with any This makes no sence to me. I do not kneel in my job. Any info on this restrication would be helpful. Also

Offline jt801

• Forum Faithful
Re: post oats recovery and restrictions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:45:26 AM »
It all depends on where your defect was. I'm guessing its an area where kneeling would put an undue stress on the area where your OAT was performed. Unless you have to have a written release from an OS i would get back to work and avoid the kneeling. Just my 2 cents.
12/99 left knee lateral release and plica removal
1/09 right knee chondroplasty and microfracture LFC

Offline lostandhopeles

• Regular Poster
Re: post oats recovery and restrictions
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
  Thank you for the reply.
I will need to have a release from my Doctor as well as seeing their Dr.  the Diagnosis was Tramatic Osteochondritis, s/p was osteochondral autograft transplant medial femoral and trochlea groove. This was done in May of 2009 I am still improving today. I was looking forward to returning to work on Monday. i thought this may be the last step to return to 100%. i am not sure what the next step will be. I will continue to look ahead. The thought of being unemployed at this time does not help.

support