Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Screw Fixation of OsteoChrondritis  (Read 785 times)

Offline tootsiewoots

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Screw Fixation of OsteoChrondritis
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
In February 2009 I had micro fracture performed on my left knee following a MRI scan that revealved Osteochrondritis. The lesion is 3cm. The micro fracture was unsuccessful.

In October 2009 I had a screw fixation conducted on the lesion. It has been over 12 weeks since the surgery and I am still unable to walk 100%. I seem to be walking with a slight hobble in fear of huring the knee. When I walk I have very limited pain but can have a sharpe shooting pain if I try walking 100% or fully extend my knee. I almost seem to have forgotten how to walk!! I am due to have a follow up consultantion in February 2010. My main question is how long is it before such a lesion would heal if successful? Should I be walking correctly by now? I have done far less physio than I did following the micro fracture so maybe that has something to do with it?

Secondly I have seen that a Doctor has recently used cell implantation to cure a cricketer of osteochrondritis? Is this a procedure that can be given to all patients or is it still in the early stages iof development? 

support