Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Tubercle Osteotomy Screw Removal  (Read 1648 times)

Offline callmetink

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tubercle Osteotomy Screw Removal
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
I am about to have the screws removed after having had a tibial realignment, tubercle osteotomy done about 1.5 years ago.  I have chronic pain and swelling from the knee down to mid-shin area.  The pain has become unbearable in the last couple of weeks.  My MRI is normal and there is no indication from a bone scan that I have any type of stress fracture.  Does anyone else out there have any ideas what may be causing the pain and what the procedure/recovery time is like from the screw removal?   :'(

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: Tubercle Osteotomy Screw Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
The screw removal is a piece of cake (for me at lease it was)...It was out patient...20 min procedure.  I had no pain more of a discomfort then anything.  Never on crutches...was able to walk out of the surgery center. Back to work the next day.  Overall nothing like the original surgery.

Best of luck!
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline callmetink

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tubercle Osteotomy Screw Removal
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:53:37 AM »
thanks for the posting.... I have been having knee problems for the past 4 years.  A year and a half ago, they did the osteotomy.  Since then, my pain has increased and now by the end of each day, my lower leg (mid shin up to my knee) is about 2" larger with swelling than the other leg.  They pain in the knee and shin has become unbearable.  Has anyone had anything similar?  My MRI is negative and my bone scan does not indicate any type of stress fracture.  I'm so frustrated!!  :-[