Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Runner trying hyalgan injections  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Gobi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Runner trying hyalgan injections
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
I'm a 39 year old female runner with a bad case of chondromalacia in both knees. Did the whole nine yards and so far orthotics have helped the most and today I just had my first of three hyalgan injections. It was painless and I had it in both knees and was able to leave comfortably.  Now I wait!  Has anyone else tried this for a high impact activity like running?  My doc says I can run again just not as much and as long.  I'd love to try regenexx or PRP but that will be my last resort since it will come out of my pocket.

Offline LauraG

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Runner trying hyalgan injections
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
Hello,

I'm a 23 year old runner, I was searching for some encouragement that my chondromalacia will eventually go away... and I found your post. I have had these injections in my left knee, it was about 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if they worked for you, and to what extent are you still able to run without pain?

Thank you.

Laura

Offline Mr.Qaili

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 04:06:14 AM »
Helloo . I saw your posts and i would like to ask something .

Does the hyalgan injection shot hurts ?
How were ur symptoms before taking these injections, and how do u feel now ?
Do you see any improvements ?

Greetings
Wish u all the best
Studying Human (general) medicine in Medical University of Sofia

Special interest : orthopaedy (knee)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »
Hi There,

I am a competitive long distance runner and can run at a good steady speed and the only problem I am getting is pain and swelling in my right knee. I did have surgery on my right knee in November 2009 and had my fat pad trimmed and medial plica removed. I think the cause of the pain and swelling is scar tissue at the bottom of the knee as the swelling is mainly at the bottom of my right knee.

So far have had two cortisone injections in 2009 and 2010 and now might need another injection. Would hylagan injections be a better option for me as I want to do well for my Running Club and worried my right knee might prevent me from competitive running.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support