Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: tibia related to cellulitis diagnosis?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline BluToes

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
tibia related to cellulitis diagnosis?
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »
Last Sunday night, I had dull pain in my right knee. I took ibuprofen, and elevated my leg that night.  Monday, I noticed my right leg was swollen, just below my knee cap. There was a raised area (lump), followed by redness that spread halfway down the top of my leg.  By Tuesday night, the redness had widened, and my leg was more swollen. The leg surrounding my whole knee cap, and below it was fully swollen, and this red rash was spreading outward.  I had no fever, just minor dull pain.

Wednesday night I went to a clinic, who then told me to go to the ER, due to possible blood clot in that right leg.  At the ER, they took my blood, and gave me an IV of antibiotics. The nurse outlined the red rash with a permanent marker to keep track of the spreading. My white count was up and red was down. They sent me home with Cephalexin and Bactrim antibiotics, and diagnosed me with Cellulitis. 

I am a pet groomer, and lift pets all day, bend down alot, and am around dirty hair all day. They think my cellulitis is due to an infected toe (from ingrown toenail).  Yet, there was no read line or rash that began from my toe area. The rednedd began from below my knee cap (inch below knee cap).  The redness has gone way down since last week, but the lump on my knee is still there, hasn't gone down. 

Now,  the hospital never told me what the lump on my knee was from, I began to look at the internet for ideas.  Since I use my knees alot, I'm wondering if this whole thing is related to me knee.  I'm pretty sure it's the tibial tuberosity.  The redness only goes halfway down the top of my right leg.

Anybody heard of this??  I was planning on getting a knee brace to hep support whatever is going on with my knee.

support