Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I'm back:(  (Read 702 times)

Offline michelel

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
I'm back:(
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
Hi guys well my uni knee (left) is doing awesome.  However about 2 months ago i was walking my doggie, when I suddenly stepped in a hole, and feel twisting my knee OMG I was rollin around on the ground the poor dog didnt know what to do, heck I didnt know what to do. The pain was so intense on the right knee I was sick to my stomach.  When I finally got up I couldnt walk without a limp, and stairs were a def no go.  Okay so I take some left over pain pills, ice elevate and go on ya know. Well the dang thing just wasnt gettin any better so I went to see my OPS.  He did standard xrays, which were WNL, gave me a cortisone shot, and I was on my way.  Well the injection helped alot with the muscle pain that I had accrued, but my knee continued to hurt, lock, etc.  So long story short MRI.  Got my results yest, (the doc I work for got them for me :) ) Ok so it says Focal cartilage defect in the MFC  1.5 X 1.5 cm weight bearing area, also a smaller focal cartilage defect 3mm X 6mm in the medial aspect of the trochlea.  Grade 3/4 patellar chondromalacia. Large joint effusion, and mild sprain of the MCL.  Ok yall have done it before so give me some advise of this and what I need to do.  I just started a new job  Oct 23.  So i really dont want to do anything aggressive, however, the pain is bad.  Bad thing is this is exactacally where I had the other defect that I had to get the uni for, man plz tell me that aint gonna happen here, give me some advise KGs PLZ........
PEACE & LOVE
Michele
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:07:17 AM by michelel »
Right Knee:  1983 meniscal tear scope debridment &lateral release. 1991, 1997, 2001
2003 scope meniscal tears. 
8-08 MFX MFC lesion FAILED.
 4-09 Went in for OATS-not a canidate.
 6-09 Uni Right MFC.