Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nerve pain from Lateral Release  (Read 630 times)

Offline goose21

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Nerve pain from Lateral Release
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »
I had a Lateral Release done in 2006. Since then, the pain in my knee is worse than before the surgery. I have tried every possible treatment including 18 months of physical therapy, E-Stem, laser treatments, Acupuncture, injections (Serapin, Novacane, Steroids), and some treatments that I won't admit to, that's how desperate I am. I believe the pain is due to nerve damage because 2 MRI's have shown nothing mechanically wrong with the knee, yet the pain is constant and extreme at times. It is also painful to the touch.

I recently had 2 injections of Novacane and Steroids to numb the knee and enjoyed 8 days pain-free. on the 9th day, I experienced a "steroid flare" - this is how I narrowed it down to nerve pain because the excruciating pain from the "steroid flare" was my EXACT pain, in the EXACT area it always is, just amplified tremendously. 

Docs say to just wait it out - that I could have pain for years, or forever, they don't know. I'm desperate for relief and will try anything.

Has anyone had this experience with a Lateral Release? Or does anyone have any suggestions for treatment if it is, in fact, nerve damage? I have been reading about stem cell treatments, but I'm not sure if that's a viable treatment for nerve pain.  The toll this is taking on me mentally is significant, and I am willing to try anything. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback.

support