Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Frightning mri results  (Read 1531 times)

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Frightning mri results
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
I've had both knees scanned a few weeks ago.  The right knee I had scanned back in February and had the scope in July.  When scoped my right knee had a chrondoplasty, plica excism and ebridement of acl.  The results show the chrondoplasty has worked, but i have some bon loss on the lateral femoral cordyle and patella.  It was worded as: reflex sympathetic dystrophy/transient osteoperosys.  My face went white as a sheet when I heard those words.  Has anyone else had bone loss in their opperated knee, is it common?

In my left I have cartliage thinning on the patella and lateral femoral cordyle and my acl is inflamed, but no chrondral defts.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Frightning mri results
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »
I'm absolutely terrified because I thought my right knee would be OK, so as you can imagine this is a bit of a bombshell.  if anyone knows anything about transient osteoperosis it would be really useful.  I'm really terrified because I'm far too young for this kind of thing to happen.
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
I don't like to reply to my own posts, but I am really really scared of what the mri has shown.

There's hardly anything on the net about transient osteoperosiis, is there anyone here who knows anything about it?  I'd lioke to know about the rehab also.

The other thing it might be is RSD, I've looked it up and trust me it is scary, is there anyone here who has suffered with it.  What is the rehab like and how long does it go on?

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »
kscope, I'm really sorry you're frightened, I can't really offer anything about what the specific results say but I know that when you get results and read them your mind goes into overdrive imaging all sorts. The only SURE way to find out how this affects YOU (and remember the net is a good source of information but also brings the COMPLETE worst case scenarios to the forefront when you dig about!!!) is to speak with a reputable OS who knows both you and the scan results. Until then you'll just keep terrifying yourself - i can empathise as my MRI has shown an OCD lesion - so far I've imagined widespread bone death, leg chopped off, miild inconvenience that might get better with some steroids/rest...the WHOLE SPECTRUM....I've had one opinion and am getting a 2nd view tomorrow and actually hearing what docs have to say at least tells me how it is......

Sorry I can't offer more specific advice but hope you get some answers soon.

Lottie x
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
I saw my GP on Friday, when I got the results and she couldn't tell me anything about these problems, which is why I posted it up here.

I tried to make an appointment with my OS and there is a cancelation this afternoon, so I'm going to see what he has to say.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
My OS say's that it should not be permenant and with exercise should right itself.  My physio is now going tobe more aggressive and I'll be alright in the new year.

support