Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Well this job just keeps getting better and better!!!!  (Read 778 times)

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Well this job just keeps getting better and better!!!!
« on: December 09, 2009, 09:06:54 PM »
I have no one else to vent to. Hubby just tells me "I know how you feel I have a bad knee to" *I hate when he does that his bad knee and my 2 bad knees are 2 different monsters all together even his surgeon told him that!!!!* Anyway on to the whining part of the story. I have a job as a computer tech (yes i am one of those nerds ) where I sit at the help desk and answer phones. Now sitting here all day is hard enough on my knees as I can barley sit for more than 30 minutes at a time and my knees are killing me. Well now they have this hair brain idea to "cross-train" everyone for everyone else's job. What this means is that for 4 months I get to be a field tech!!! What this means is that for 4 months I will be on my feet walking the schools and driving all over the county. I get to crawl under desks and up and down ladders, lift computers and monitors, lift and carry giant network printers.

I can just barely drive the 30 minutes to work canít imagine driving up to 4 hours a day. And walking and carrying things yea that ought to be fun with my left knee popping out (so far I have fallen 4 times in the past 2 weeks) I was told that I will have to be on the road just like everyone else and there is no exceptions. Now I would not have an issue with it and would just suck it up and deal with it if it was for a week or 2 but this is 4 months straight (possibly up to 6 months depending on how they do this) and I just don't think that I am going to be able to hold up to doing it for that long. When I went looking for a new job I was looking for a desk job knowing full well that I had these bad knees and would only be able to do real physical work for short periods and not as my regular duties.

I know that there is a very real possibility that I will be facing a second surgery on my left knee in the near future so I will not be on the road for a while but eventually it will happen. The bad part is I know that it will be my family that has to pay the ultimate price since I will be pretty miserable when I get home, I know how bad I feel after walking around in the store just shopping, and wonít feel like moving or doing anything with anyone.

On the good side my right knee seems to be holding up ok, as long as I donít push it and take it easy. The worst part of the day for me is, those first few steps after I get up from sitting (my knees will pop like rice crispies luckily though the right one when it pops allows me to move it a bit better and donít hurt as bad as the left one popping) and late at night after working all day. Hey at this point in my life I will be content with the 70% or so pain relief that I am getting in this right knee (wish that the left one felt this good lol)a, donít get me wrong I have bad days and HOLLY POOPCICLE they are bad .

Well feel a bit better now that I vented a bit and god bless ya I you took the time to read the novel that I just wrote!!!!

I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee