Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: The other Knee  (Read 703 times)

Offline Cluber

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
The other Knee
« on: December 08, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
I have just had my ACL done on my right leg, yet a month before i damaged that knee, i knocked my left.

My left knee seemed fine, and i tried to play football again. This is when i damaged my right knee (Bad luck or what). I have just had the op on the right knee (After a year), and now my left knee seems to twinge and pinch every so often.

Is this a common occurrence, as i have been generally favoring the left leg, or would you think it is something more sinister, and i may have damaged my left knee more than i thought.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
Re: The other Knee
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 03:46:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that your other knee is giving you issues. I have the same problem here. I was diagnosed with arthritis in both my knees when i was 16 but the right was SO much worse than the left. Now after major surgery on the right knee the left is finally shot!!! It is popping out of place, and that is causing me to fall (FUN FUN) and the pain is as bad if not worse than the right one was!
I would say that it cant hurt you to have your doctor take a look at the other knee, might be nothing wrong and nothing to worry about but if it is something better to catch it early!
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: The other Knee
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »
It is possible that the left leg is bothering you because of the prior injury.  It is also very likely that it is grouching from doing the lion's share of the work while recovering the right knee.  It happens quite often that the "good" knee hurts while rehabbing the bad knee.  Have it checked out to rule out other possible issues.  How is the right one doing by the way?  Much better I hope.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.