Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Kneeling  (Read 1150 times)

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Kneeling
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »
Well, I'm working on steps and the slow squatts the pt gave me are almost too easy now, but one thing I'm still not so confident about is kneeling and of course getting up.

My question is: How do you know when you're about to kneel down and get up OK?  I don't want to kneel down to find I either can't get up or I've caused damageed?  (That'd be really stuipd of me)

Also, what are the best exercises for getting a person back into kneeling?

I'll be seeing my pt in another couple of weeks.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: Kneeling
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »
You don't say what is wrong with or what kind of work you had done on your knee!  Kind of hard to give any advise without the entire picture.

To give you an idea...I have had a Fulkerson TTT on both knees and a PFJR on the Left....I will probably never be able to kneel again.

Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
i'll add it to my signiture at some point.

Chrondoplasty mfc
suprapatella and lateral plicas excised
Very small tear in ACL (still functional)
Fragment of ACL removed from postereo-lateral compartment  This had been causing a lot of catching and pain but never locked once.

Surgery was 16 weeks ago and recovery has been painfully slow,  I'm only just loosing the limp and working on going up and down stairs.
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.

Offline jess8181

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
I wouldn't worry about kneeling right now, My ROM is terrible maybe 110 degrees for now but I can still somewhat kneel and get back up, it might look a biy silly but I can do it!! it should come with time and strenght.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »
I forgot to mention, my ROM was last measured at 125 and that was 3 weeks ago.  I've got a bit more since then.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »
would it be a good idea to start out kneeling on a sofa or bed to get used to it again.

Offline injuredonthejob

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
I am post sugery 19 weeks.  I stlill can't put any weight on my knee, (Kneeling or crawling).  I had patellar tendon tear 30%.

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 12:26:18 AM »
While I still can't kneel without a pillow, getting down on the floor and back up again was one of the things I would practice with my PT  The last 5 minutes of each PT session was spent in doing "real life" situations.  They started with just getting up from a chair without arms and progressed to things going up and down a ramp without handrails and eventually getting down and up from the floor.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:15:10 AM »

Here is a You Tube of a Yoga elephant walk up that is a no knees way of hauling your self up off the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znY1ZE0wR_g&feature=PlayList&p=00F0BE962FE16954&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18

I was told and told time and time again by My OS never to kneel post TKR..     I must admit somedays I thought to myself oh ship and half I can't ..  but somehow I kept on trying and pushing threw on those moments.

I also carry a gardner kneel pad in my car . incase i have to put air in my tires..  I was told on a cushion is ok. never on the hard ground.

support