Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need immediate help!  (Read 1622 times)

Offline jrobin22

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need immediate help!
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
 :-X I am 24y old, and I am on my 4th surgery (upcoming). I have had three lateral releases and realignments, however, none have taken. Additionally, I have had debridment and lysis of adhesions. Unfortunately, after my last procedure (12/27/07) I was diagnosed with a DVT (blood clot in my calf) post-op. I was put on coumadin and couldnt start PT for WEEKS. My knee, of course, completely froze over. In march of 08 I underwent a closed manipulation, but have had little success. Recurrent pain, weakness, dislocations of my patella ect. He is NOW proposing: Rt knee debridment, lysis of adhesions, open proximal patella realignment and reconstruction of MPPL ligament and semitendinosis allogradt, as well as mosaicplasty of femoral sulcus, ALL AT ONE TIME. I completed a second opinion today, and after reviewing my MRI and operative notes, he agreed with my surgeon. However, he said this can not be done in a typical surgi-center as my risk of DVT is serious. I will have to be placed on blood thinner pre-op to prevent a clot, and I am very apprehensive about  even the thought of not being in a hospital. Has ANYONE had all of these procedures at once?? Or any combo of them? Or has anyone experienced surgery WHILE ON Coumadin?? Does this type of surgery require a typical hospital stay, or can I go home the same day?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline jcblank

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need immediate help!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:09:20 AM »
they will probably put you on lovenox injections instead of coumadin prior to surgery.  they may change you to coumadin afterwards.
1995 menisectomy
9/06 menisectomy with resultant blood clot
6/07 meniscal transplant with peroneal nerve damage
12/07 peroneal nerve decompression

support