Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Back in brace:-(  (Read 2166 times)

Offline bracebaz

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Back in brace:-(
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »
Hi all,
Well I was into my fourth week without my brace, when this morning I tripped over my dog & landed with all my weight on my left leg It hyperextended & I just caught my self before I went down, there was no pain just that feeling of my knee being very unstable, i'm back in my bledsoe @ the moment the knee feels week
So i'm just hoping it was nothing serious there's no swelling so i'm hoping it'll be ok.
Baz
,lcl,mcl,pcl tears 2001
braced for 2yrs no surgery.
jan 07 disloction pcl grade 2, lcl beyond repair.
 2011 diagnosed medial OA
Brace user up to 18 hrs a day
Holding off PKR

Offline danthequaker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Back in brace:-(
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
Curious,

Are you still in it, or out of it?

I went out without mine yest, went for a crash on the ice.   My knee's killing me.  I should have known better, and I can't emphasize enough,  MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES HAVE GOOD GRIP FOR YOUR KNEE'S SAKE!

Offline bracebaz

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Hi dan,
With all the snow & ice about i'm using my brace all the time i'm not taking any chances with my knee, i'm wearing my mountain boots also,
How's your knee now dan?
Regards baz
,lcl,mcl,pcl tears 2001
braced for 2yrs no surgery.
jan 07 disloction pcl grade 2, lcl beyond repair.
 2011 diagnosed medial OA
Brace user up to 18 hrs a day
Holding off PKR

Offline danthequaker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
Hey,
I know what you mean about the ice.   Since it was ice that put me in this shape in the first place, I'm scared to death.

Actually, my knee is pretty good unless I use it. :)

I have a job where I sit most of the time, so I've gotten to where I don't wear it at work.  However, when I'm home, go shopping, or about anywhere I plan to do any real amount of walking, I've got it strapped on.   In fact, I've gotten two of them.   I have one I keep in the car.   That way, say I decide to go to Menard's or something after work and I'm going to be walking around, I just strap it on over my jeans and go.   I've gotten to where I could care less what anyone thinks or says.   Who cares?   At least it has enabled me to have a live without pain.   My "big deal" now is my left arm is in a brace for six to eight weeks for tendonitis.    It's gotten so acute they wanted to do surgery as my elbow is killing me with pain and I've lost feeling in three fingers.   Since I don't have insurance and Obama's going to take our money without any relief for four years yet,  I went with the conservative approach which is imobilize the thing for six to eight weeks.   I'm right handed, but it's been very miserable being left with one hand.   I've gotten to where I don't mind the brace, just not being able to use both hands and trying to find a comfortable position to sleep as I have to wear that 24-7.

support