Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: to call doc or not  (Read 895 times)

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • They sed this wouldnt last, well there wrong!!!!!!
to call doc or not
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »
hello all who respond,

i was at work today and all of a sudden i get this sharp pain in the back of my knee, its on the left knee left side and it hurts so bad to walk normally,and even limp. :'( (i was in tears,) i have been icing it and taking anti-inflammortary and resting.  i did have surgery on this knee and was wondering what may have caused this and what should i do? should i brace it? should i call the doc in the morning? ???

i appericate the time and consideration

-heather
*25 years old
* right scope aug 16-plica removal-sheet
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: to call doc or not
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:48:02 AM »
If it still aches in the morning call -
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:39:53 AM »
what do you think it could be?
*25 years old
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline Penny W

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Be weird whenever you have the chance
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:55 AM »
Heather is it possible you had a bakers cyst that popped.I had one and your description kind of sounds the same it took a day or so for it to calm down enough to walk.
June 2003 L knee scope with the holes for tissue regeneration
Sept 2003 R knee scope
March 2005 L foot cyst removed
June 2006 Broke L ankle 2 plates 18 screws
Feb 2007 L ankle scar tissue removal
Nov 2007 Plate broke in ankle removed and replaced with bone putty
Dec 2008 R knee TKR w/lat rel.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 01:33:31 AM »
hello

well i called the doc the next morning to get an appointment.... got one so i went in and he goes back so soon. i said yup. so he did some tests, thought loose body but its not, so now iam in a straight knee brace til surgery,cause i still cant put weight on my leg when my knee is bent. pain is excuriating,but i now cant pin point the location of pain. he thinks it has something to do with the band he cut during my lateral release surgery,but who knows he will find out when he goes in... i hope  ???. it hurts to bend it could it be a meniscus tear??, because i was getting ready for bed and forgot about the pain for a minute and i bent down to grab a movie oh my god the worst pain ive felt since surgery.  i seeked a second opinion about surgery cause ive already had it once and wasnt keen on it  again. i went for the second opinion in boston and he didnt do anything but give me a cortisone injection into the band, because it was tight, the(the good doc) cut to release my kneecap. could that have caused my pain??

sorry its so long iam just looking for anwsers

-heather from mass
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots