Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 1st time Supartz  (Read 2963 times)

Offline 60schld

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
1st time Supartz
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
Hi to all~ I just decided to try the Supartz 3 injection series for the 1st time. My OS had to remove a little fluid from my knee before the injection.  This was not too bad.  I am on my 2nd day, there is some improvement, but I still have some swelling near the injection site.  He said IF there is no swelling, the next shots will be better. I must say, it was sort of uncomfortable for the  first 2 days and still a little achy if I stand too long.  I noticed a substantial reduction of stiffness  this morning as I got out of bed.  Did anyone else still have some swelling at the site for a while? Will I have to have my knee drained each time?  Would appreciate any input 8) 
TKR  finally done!!!  9/9/13     Whew!!

Offline BECKZ_oo7

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: 1st time Supartz
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
R u planning to get back to sports... and i'd also like to know ur age... btw why r u taking these in the 1st place...?? did u had a meniscus tear like i did... :)

Offline 60schld

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
Hi BECKZ_oo7~

I am 57 and I tore my lateral meniscus 23 years ago and w/o surgery I continued to run pain free  until 2006.  That's when I was diagnosed with OA in the lateral side of my right knee!!  No surprise, huh?   I am bone on bone in the lateral compartment but still have some cartilage left on the medial side.  So, I will be putting off TKR as long as my knee holds up.  I generally get a cortisone shot 1 or 2 times a year, but decided to try Supartz.  Initially, my knee felt uncomfortable, and then 21/2 weeks after the series of 3 shots was through, it was feeling much better. I have not run since 2006 and have switched to swimming and walking my dog.  Supartz has worked quite well in making all of this quite comfortable.  But I gave up impact sports when I developed OA.  I understand it is very recommended for meniscus tears.  23 years ago, it did not exist.  So I took anti-inflammatories, for months until it calmed down, and then continued running until the OA stopped me.  But 23 years, no surgery, hey that was pretty good?!  What are U planning, I take it you are still pretty young? 8)
TKR  finally done!!!  9/9/13     Whew!!

Offline BECKZ_oo7

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
hey sorry for the late reply...  ;D        ....... i'm 20.. and had a meniscus tear in my left leg.. had arthoscopy done and tht resulted ina  90% scoop of the meniscus from my left knee... I cant live without sports so i'm trying to find ways to help my situation... N i think i'll go for a cadevar meniscus... tht might just do for me...  :)