Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: How long before relief with Synvisc one  (Read 14737 times)

Offline gahall60

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
How long before relief with Synvisc one
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »
I had Synvisc One a week and a half ago and thought I may have some effects by now but alas I have not had any.  I know it says three to four weeks but I have not seen any improvement.  This is a hope for me as I have neuropathy in my feet and do not want to have a knee replacement at the present time.  I am using the Flector Patch on my knee and that helps with the stiffness so I can get up and down and with the pain.  Also am doing physical therapy in the pool and on land.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Java

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: How long before relief with Synvisc one
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Hi Gahall60,

I just got my first Synvisc injection Thursday 10/29. I guess I was lucky because aside from a little pressure, the injection did not hurt.
I was able to drive home on my own as well.  Also, I had no extra swelling.
I recieved a cortisone injection several months ago, and that took effect the next day, I was 100% pain free for the first time since before my TPF a year ago! However, the cotisone only lasted 3 weeks and the pain came back from the arthritis with full force!
That was when my OS suggested the Synvisc One injection, and I'm hoping it will last the full 6 months thay say it can.
.....Has it helped yet? Well not really.  It's been four days and I don't see any extreme relief like the cortisone offered.  BUT, I will say I'm noticing pain less, if that makes sense?  I went down the stairs this morning and I realised that it didn't hurt all that much.  Usually when I go up and down stairs or am walking and put my foot the wrong way on uneven surface, the pain in my knee is horrible! So, I'm hopeful :)

I will keep you posted on my progress, please do the same with yours!

Best Wishes,

Java

Offline naniann

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:11:49 AM »
i had the synvis one almost 6 weeks ago. I have kept a weekly pain chart.  Although I didn't need too.  I plan to call the dr tomorrow and go in before my 3 month check.  I have had no relief NONE.  I hate to say it my pain is worse since I did the injection.  I have read up some more and think i understand that i should not experience relief for 6 to 8 weeks after the injection.  I allowed myself to think this was going to be a wonder drug.  I also did not get any relief with cortisone.  i don't take pain medicine as a choice but with each passing day I am think ing harder and harder about asking for something.  I am 47 and can say this has started to affect my daily activity.

Offline gahall60

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »
Well, it has been 5 weeks since I had the Synvc one shot in my knee.  I can't say I feel any relief and my knee is still as stiff when I get up from a sitting position.  I placed a lot of faith on the shop but to no avail.  I guess it was a costly $750 lesson.

Offline naniann

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »
It is now Jan 4th and my synvisc injection was around Oct 5th.  I am at the three month point.  The swelling and stiffness is about at the same point I was at the last post in November.  Now is this a coincidence; I was sick with an upper respiratory tract infection and I was given a steroid shot before I left the dr's office.  By the next morning I had passed so much fluid my knee was no longer swollen, the stiffness was gone and I was pain free for about 5 days.  This was a longer time than I experienced with a cortisone injection in the knee. HMMMMM  Lets see if it is just in my head.  Maybe I kneed(HAHAHA) a shot in the head.  I will be seeing the dr in the next few weeks.  Now as for the constant pain.  I would have to say I am about at the same point I was pre synvisc.  As for pain after any activity I seem to experience more pain after any moderate activity and the severity is lasting longer-like a day or two longer.  Stair climbing up no better and climbing down not better either. I am now using tramadol with 2 tylenol before bed and I am only taking this at night after I cannot fall asleep due the stiffness and moderate activity.  This would be about 3-4 times a week.  I just donít know anymore.  Surely not what I expected at all.