Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: arthroscope surgery  (Read 836 times)

Offline melaniejo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
arthroscope surgery
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:56:42 AM »
since my MRI did not show any kind of tears, but i stil hue pain and swelling, i am going to b seeing an orthopedic surgeon.<my 2nd one>the 1st one which was hired by company. told me the MRI film only showed soft tissue swelling and sme fluid in my joints. and that there might be a cyst thats why its stil swollen and painful 2 months later, and no tears. but i never had pain or swelling before i fell. what can I do to  convince the 2na doctor that i need to haue arthoscope surgery even though my MRI didnt show anything?

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 107
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: arthroscope surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »
You said in a previous post that you caught your foot in a hole about two months ago and now you have pain and swelling. When you had the injury, what did you experience at the time and in what part of the knee? How quickly did the swelling come on? Were you able to continue walking on the knee at the time? Do you have any feelings of instability where you do not trust the knee?
--
KNEEguru

Offline cemyster

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
Don't push too hard for an exploratory scope.  There are still a lot of side affects from arthroscopic surgery, my swelling is worse post arthroscopic surgery than before.
If your symptoms are swelling and inflammation, a scope might find the source, but tests in the office can better determine any serious issues without the negative affects of surgery.  Treat your symptoms with RICE for awhile, and if symptoms don't improve after a week or so, then perhaps your knee should be drained and possibly treated with cortisone.  Hopefully these steps will help you avoid surgery.  Surgery of any type should be a last resort, but that is just my opinion. 

Offline melaniejo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »
hi well the swelling came within minutes or seemed to, and it felt like it needed to be popped back in to place kinda like it was out of socket but did not look as deformed. the pain was sharp and yes it does a but unstable still