Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What do you think ive done............?  (Read 557 times)

Offline mattley23

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
What do you think ive done............?
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
ok so i was kickboxing training last Tuesday evening and my right knee went on me and could do with some opinions.

In the past 7 years ive had 2 keyhole ops to clear partial ACL tears and 5 years ago i can ACL reconstruction, all on the same knee. Everything has been fine for the last 5 years with only a few wobbles experienced but no actual damage.

Last Tuesday i was stretching after a tough session and was resting on my bent right knee with my left leg out stretched to the side of me. I applied some pressure to the inser of my bent right knee with my elbow, gentally forcign it outwards to open up the groin for a stretch. The stretch was a bit like this but i was all the way down on the right knee:

As i was appliying pressure to the bent right knee it felt like it popped out, i heard and felt a tearing sound and i fell on my behind. Straight way i felt like something wasnt sitting quite right in my knee but it soon went back in.

It was extremely painful to walk on and weight bare,  i had swelling with a tender inside knee to the touch. Its now friday and the tenderness has pretty much gone, swelling has reduced alot and im able to weight bare better and limp around without my crutches.

Ive got a knee appointment at the local hospital in a week but wondered what other people here think i might have done??

support