Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New course on posterolateral corner injuries  (Read 12295 times)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 101
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
New course on posterolateral corner injuries
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »
I am very pleased to tell you that I have been working with Dr Noyes and Sue Barber-Westin on a new course on the posterolateral corner - see http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/courses/posterolateral-corner-injuries-knee

It is beautifully illustrated and very comprehensive.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:50:38 AM by The KNEEguru, Reason: Fixing broken links »
--
KNEEguru

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: New course on posterolateral corner injuries
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
That is a really fascinating and readable course.

I wish it had been around when I was trying to convince my surgeons something was not right in my PLC! took 3 years and four surgeries before the right surgeon dealt with things!

Thank you for organising this Sheila.

Sue
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »
Great course.  Thanks for putting this info out there.  Wish I had seen Dr. Noyes for my first surgery instead of my 3rd. 
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline susanherself

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:26 AM »
Sheila,

I am new here--posting about my son, actually. I notice that the knee course says surgery is not indicated for a first or second degree injury with less than 10% of extemal tibial rotation. If not surgery, what to do?

My son injured his knee in a skateboard accident several years ago. Three arthroscopies later (for trimming meniscus), we finally found a surgeon who diagnosed a postero-lateral injury after seeing the lower half of my son's leg rotate when he contracted his leg muscles. But the surgeon said my son's condition was not bad enough for surgery. And he sent him home with a Donjoy Playmaker brace, which did nothing.

Meanwhile, my son is in pain all the time. He can't stand up for more than about an hour. He faithfully did all prescribed physical therapy exercises after his surgeries. Nothing has helped.

What do you suggest?

Susan   

Offline goya9747

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »
Hello I am a 30 year old male art teacher. I had a PLC reconstruction about 3 months ago at Hospital for special surgery in manhatten. I had a LCL, ACL, donor reconstruction and poplitues tendon and manicus repair too. Well my LCL is loser and acl got very lose, my dr was not crazy about results he told me to strengthen my muscles a lot it will help and if i have problems with leg giving out he will do another surgery to fix loseness. plus he said that donor ligaments sometimes lose a grade, is this true?
Reason for writing i really would like a dr. that comes highly recommended from Dr Frank Noyes for this kind of injury in New York and takes Empire plan, I live on Long Island. I feel i need a second opinion so i dont have to spend the rest of my life being unsure and way extra careful, peace of mind. I tried sending this through a ticket it did not work , so i just posted it, thanks , josh

Offline injuredballer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »
Hello I am a 30 year old male art teacher. I had a PLC reconstruction about 3 months ago at Hospital for special surgery in manhatten. I had a LCL, ACL, donor reconstruction and poplitues tendon and manicus repair too. Well my LCL is loser and acl got very lose, my dr was not crazy about results he told me to strengthen my muscles a lot it will help and if i have problems with leg giving out he will do another surgery to fix loseness. plus he said that donor ligaments sometimes lose a grade, is this true?
Reason for writing i really would like a dr. that comes highly recommended from Dr Frank Noyes for this kind of injury in New York and takes Empire plan, I live on Long Island. I feel i need a second opinion so i dont have to spend the rest of my life being unsure and way extra careful, peace of mind. I tried sending this through a ticket it did not work , so i just posted it, thanks , josh

I am also going to the HSS for ACL, PLC and meniscus surgery. Can you give me the details on post-op rehab (weight bearing, cryocuff, cpm machine etc) Any info would be great. Thanks

Offline Htet Myak Htun

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 07:15:27 AM »
Hello

i  am suffering locking or catching in the posteolateral corner after partial meniscetomy of medial meniscus left knee .  The problem cannot be diagnosed on MRI  & Xray .  Dr.Sheila Strover light me about 3 possibilities problem . does anyone have same problem ? 

Htet Myak Htun