Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New to the forums  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Breeznthru

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to the forums
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
Just wanted to say hello and introduce my self. My name is Shelly, I am 30 yrs old Married with 3 kids ,2 horses and 3 dogs. Last year in Oct I was thrown from a horse and Shattered my leg in about 60 small pieces right under my right Knee. I had a bone graph and 2 plates 9 screws put in. Recovery has been slow and painful I have tons of questions I will save for later =)
I will also post a picture once i get home of my x-ray , I also tore my knee up and will have to have it replaced sooner then later. Anyway though i would say hey and tell you a bit about my self before i go posting all my questions hehe.
Hope you guys are having a great Day!
Shelly

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
Re: New to the forums
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
Hello Shelly sorry that you had to find all of us here on kg but you are in the right place for ?s about your knee we seem to have it all

My name is Caren and I am 7 wks out from tkr at the age of 47 i have 6 dogs 2 casts and 9 kids 4 by birth and 5 step as well as 2 granddaughters so we have a house full

Your injury sounds totally devastating but we are here to support you

Jump in with all your ?s and we will help all that we can this is a very caring community and a diverse group of people that have the best hearts anywhere

hugs to you and a big welcome too
caren
Caren

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:32:59 PM »
Hi Shelley.

Welcome to the Geeks, I sent you a personal message ;D

Denny
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

Offline Breeznthru

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:19:52 PM »
Hi Denny! Hope everyone is having a Great morning ! I did get your message Thank you  :)

And Nice to meet you Caren  ;D

Offline aislyn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
Hi Shelley,

Sorry to hear about your injury. That must have been very painful. I hope you are healing well and the worst of the pain is over.

I am new to the forum too, and wish that I had found you guys 3 months ago when I was first injured. I fell from a ladder doing demo in my house and sprained the collateral ligament in my right leg, as well as fracturing the tibial shaft and plateau. It was an ouch, but am now just about to be FWB, and PT is going well.

Try to keep you spirits up (promotes healing) and take joy in all of your small victories. Take this time to listen to books on cd and do a lot of navel gazing. It may turn out to be one of the most useful times of your life.

Offline Lolalee

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi Shelly,
It is a while since you posted your message so I hope that you are much much better by now.
Best wishes
ACL recon & meniscus repair 21st April 2008
Missing cycling and kung-fu madly
22/07/08 Not missing cycling anymore as I am back on the bike!!! Beware roads!! :)

support