Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hi there ,new to the board  (Read 1001 times)

Offline 2bobbit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • knackered knee's
Hi there ,new to the board
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »
Hello guys, new to the board so be gentle with me!
I'm going to start my story 16 years ago, age 22, tore my acl in my left knee playing football, and had the recon using the patella tendon.
As it turned out it was a success; D.
Fast-forward 12 years and bang! acl in the right knee goes playing football had the recon using the hamstring graft.
As it turned out it failed 8 months post op.
6 months after it failed I had some bone removed from my hip and put into the drilled hole in my knee from the recon.
4 months later had the recon done again using the patella tendon graft, and I am now 5 weeks post op.
My real problem is that when the surgeon done the recon he also removed two thirds of my medial meniscus due to the damage done with the cal injuries.
I now have what seems to me to be an imbalance in my knee and when I am walking my knee now clicks a lot on the medial side, these clicks are not small clicks , they are unavoidable and very sore, can anyone help or advise me ! Pretty downbeat right now.   
arthroscopy l/k acl rupture confirmed
acl recon 1995 patella graft l/k success
medial meniscus trimmed 2006 l/k
acl recon 2008 hamstring graft r/k failed
bone removed from hip to fill in misplaced tunnel 2009 r/k
acl revision 2009 patella right knee 2 thirds medial meniscus removed?

Offline juliejonte

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Hi there ,new to the board
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:41:11 AM »
Hello guys, new to the board so be gentle with me!
I'm going to start my story 16 years ago, age 22, tore my acl in my left knee playing football, and had the recon using the patella tendon.
As it turned out it was a success; D.
Fast-forward 12 years and bang! acl in the right knee goes playing football had the recon using the hamstring graft.
As it turned out it failed 8 months post op.
6 months after it failed I had some bone removed from my hip and put into the drilled hole in my knee from the recon.
4 months later had the recon done again using the patella tendon graft, and I am now 5 weeks post op.
My real problem is that when the surgeon done the recon he also removed two thirds of my medial meniscus due to the damage done with the cal injuries.
I now have what seems to me to be an imbalance in my knee and when I am walking my knee now clicks a lot on the medial side, these clicks are not small clicks , they are unavoidable and very sore, can anyone help or advise me ! Pretty downbeat right now.   

Offline NotSuperhuman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
    • I'm (not) Superhuman
Re: Hi there ,new to the board
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:49:32 AM »
Hi there and welcome to Knee Geeks. Sorry to hear you're a part of this community! I don't have have advice since my knee injury is a bit different (cartilage damage), but these boards are super helpful, so poke around a bit. It's amazing what you'll learn from other people who have been there and are telling their stories.

Best of luck!
Chondromalacia 6 years
PT 2003, 2006, 2009
Cortisone injection 2009
Prolotherapy 2X 2009
PRP, current

Read my story at www.notsuperhuman.com