Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bicompartmental knee replacement  (Read 195734 times)

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Bicompartmental knee replacement
« Reply #2145 on: April 25, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
It's been a long time since I've posted here.  But I'm feeling really grateful for my knee just now, with a few friends getting total and uni knee replacements.  My knee replacement has been a Godsend for me.  It's some damn difficult rehab.  For those of y'all going through it, hang in there!  Sawbones has released me to do anything I want...anything.  My parameters are a little stricter than his, which is kinda funny, as conservative as he is.  Finally had the shoulder cleaned out.  The other knee's giving me fits, but after the way the first knee went to the dogs so fast, Sawbones won't touch knee number two...not with a scope or with cortisone.  However, he DID put a Synvisc shot in it, and that helped for about 3 months.  Anyway...that's all.  Just saying hi again, and "hang in there" to everybody recovering from arthroplasty right now. 

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #2146 on: April 26, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »
Good to hear a success story Dig!
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Skinnycatz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • The Best Skinny Cat ever!
« Reply #2147 on: April 26, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »
I'm so glad you are doing so well!  Sawbones wouldn't want you running on your knee, would he? 

Have you heard that they are making more progress with biological knee replacements?  I keep up on some of the articles.  No mention of the patella though unfortunately!  Just the meniscus and articular cartilage in the lateral/medial joint line. 

See you on FB!  :)

Francine
Diagnosis: CMP, torn lateral meniscus.
Meniscus trimming, chrondroplasty 2/14/03.
Meniscus trimming (lateral again) chrondoplasty 8/3/07
Grade III/IV Chrondomalacia kneecap
Meniscus trimming (tear in front of lateral) 4/18/08
Left TKR 7/15/10

Offline snorunner

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2148 on: April 26, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »
Like Milly said, nice to hear a great success story. Rehab is not fun and the timeline stinks. It's been a while since you've posted and I was wondering how your new knee was holding up. Thanks for the "hang in there"--because sometimes we really need it! And it is always good to hear about a happy new knee.

--sharon
Chondromalacia dx age 14
1987 dx: malalignment, condromalacia, maltracking
2/2008 Gr. 2/3 OA L&R knees
3/2009 Gr. 4 severe isolated patellofemoral OA L&R
4/09 Hyalgan injections
8/24/09 PFJR and LR left knee
2/5/10 Left scope/debridement
2/22/10 PFJR and LR right knee

Offline chrisMancini

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2149 on: June 02, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
Hi digg,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have not been to this site for a long time either. It is a hard rehab and I too encourage everyone to hang in there....It has been 2 years for my left and I still have swelling but no pain. My right has been 18mos and I still have soreness and pain issues...but on the brighter side, I was working in my yard this last saturday and slipped and fell right onto my right knee...just some road rash and a little soreness but nothing major, so for all of my recovery I can say it is worth it and I am getting back to being as active as I oncewas....yea!!!
Lt knee Meniscou  6/07
Lt Knee Plica rem 10/07
Rt Knee Meniscous  12/07
Lt TKA 5/08/2008
 Rt TKA 10/15/2008

Offline mlbbarry

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2150 on: September 11, 2010, 07:08:18 AM »
Hey Dig just a quick question.  I have read a number of your post as I was trying to get some information in regards to bicompartmental implant.  I have nasty arthritis in medial and patellafemoral  compartments and would like to have the conforMIS Duo put in.  Did you have both compartments done or just the one, and if so could you tell me how things are going.  It seems the bicompartmental are not very popular with the docs around my area, so i am wondering how I can get this done. 

I am only 41 years, mom of three.  I have way to much I want to do and this knee is really holding me back. Any info you have would be terrific.  Thanks

Monica
88' torn ACL, MCL, LCL repair
92' clean up
95' clean up
96' lateral release
99' meniscus repair, and clean up
2004 meniscus repair, & failed micro fracture attempt
2010 April, arthritis clean up and meniscus repair, poor outcome.
2010 Nov. 8th tkr left knee

Offline seahorseforu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2151 on: October 23, 2010, 09:01:40 PM »
Hi All,
I had my left PKR Conformis IDUO on April 27, 2010.  I am having a hard time walking.  I thought by now (6 months) I would not be having such a hard time with such pain trying to  walk.  I can bike just fine and sleep is no problem now.  It just seems like something is wrong with weight bearing activity.  I am trying to stay positive.  My OS said it takes 6 months to 1 year to recover.  Has anyone else had this problem.  My OS is in Boston and world renowed.   I want to know if I should be getting a second opinion or is it too early.

Thanks for listening
Laurie
Boston Left PKR 4/27/10

support