Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Favorite Cartoons  (Read 3408 times)

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Favorite Cartoons
« on: September 15, 2003, 06:09:56 AM »
I was sick this weekend so I ended up watching a lot TV, mostly cartoons.  I'm interested to find out what cartoons everyone else enjoys.

My favorite cartoon is an Anime called Hamtaro, it's about hamsters.  I also like Kim Possible.  WHen I was little I enjoyed He-man/ She-ra and of course, Care Bears.  My boyfriend was over this weekend and he brought me two of the Care bear movies and he sat and watched them with me.  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 06:11:25 AM by ATsoccergirl »
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline Erin

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Favorite Cartoons
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 06:42:36 AM »
Thats so nice that your boyfriend watched the cartoons with you. I used to always watch the bugs bunny ones, garfield, snoopy, and right now I kind of like to watch the little kids ones like Aurther and George Shrinks..hehe. I know there is more but I cant remember.
Erin
7 years left knee pain/popping/giving out
10-20-00 L.knee surgery to tighten knee cap
2 years of right knee pain
9-13-02 Sprained right ankle
6-9-03 Brostrom-gould surgery on right ankle

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • LoveBug
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »
When I was little my favorite cartoons were.....Care Bears, Smurfs, and Strawberry Shortcake!

I don't really watch cartoons anymore except when I am with my cousin who is 3 and when she is around its Blues Clues, Dora and Bob The Builder

Cartoons have changed alot since I was little

Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Stacey

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 09:44:47 PM »
I loved care bears and strawberry shortcake as a kid and it is so fun that they are coming back.  Im trying to get Kyler hooked on care bears but no luck yet.  I dont watch them anymore eexcept when Kyler is around and then he (we) like Dora the Explorer, Bearnstein Bears (I loved those books as a kid) and Blues Clues and tonnes more! My favourite cartoon character is the Tazmanian Devil :)

Stacey

Offline abaddon_bast

• Regular Poster
  • Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras morit
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 10:05:45 PM »
south park, simpsons, futurama, and family guy oh yea the critic to
Dislocated Right knee 2/28/03
Dislocated Right Knee 7/3/03
VMO adv. and LR w/scope on right knee on 7/21/03
Started PT on 7/30/03
Current ROM 130 as of 9/23/03
Curently in PT an doing good

Offline chica_2626

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Why knees?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 06:29:10 AM »
I liked Rugrats and Doug a lot when I was little.  I've been known to flip on Hey Arnold and it is so not fair that all the books I read when I was little are now cartoons so if there isn't anything on, I've also been known to watch Arthur, Clifford, or the Berenstein Bears.  I LOVED those books!!  I also love Simpsons and Family Guy, funny funny stuff!!

Rachel
Lateral Release Right Knee 6-21-02
Peroneal Brevis Tendon Repair Right Ankle 6-29-05

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 04:59:30 PM »
I loved strawberry shortcake too! Oh and the carebears...loved them! But my all time favorite was the smurfs!I love those little blue guys!    Jillian
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline Happycructchchck

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 06:23:24 PM »
Hmmmm, I didn't watch Care Bears - I knew what they were, but didn't watch it.  My favorite of all time is Scooby Doo.  I still watch it to this day if I catch it on.   8)

Paige
RT Tibial Plateau Fracture 5/6/03, 5 pins & 2 plates
Arthroscopy & Manipulation 10/10/03
ROM - Able to bend to 110 with very hard work- still a lot of pain at fracture site
ACL damage also

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 10:22:22 PM »
I used to love  Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, carebears. I still watch Aurthur and part of Clifford every morning (what else is on at 7?!). Im sure someone else will trigger my memory about other shows, but thats all i can think of right now!  

On a side note... The school paper came out yesterday and was talking about the old TV favorties... Did anyone else like Hey dude, Pete and Pete, Clarissa explains it all?? Man, those were Nickelodeon at its finest!

Emily
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 10:22:47 PM by KneePain326 »
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline Womble4eva

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Not as bouncy as I used to be!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 11:16:27 PM »
My favourite cartoon now is the rugrats! They rule!!!!
I used to love watching dangermouse! Does anyone else know that one? Hehe when the reruns of that are on I can be found sat in front of the tv not going anywhere until it is finished!!! lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 11:16:49 PM by Womble4eva »
Knees can be a right pain sometimes!!

ARC

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 02:35:01 AM »
The only time I watch cartoons is when my 7 yeard old twin nephews and 8 year old niece are over, and there favorite cartoons are Sponge Bob Square Pants and Bob the builder, my favorite as a child was scobby doo and I was a big fan of the smurfs as well.  
-Kolleen

SL99

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 02:53:28 AM »
I'm not really a bg cartoon fan these days to be honest, but Womble4eva I was a huge fan of Danger Mouse as a kid too!! I loved Penfold, hence my icon.  ;D

Did you ever see Count Duckula? That was another David Jason voice cartoon and was a cracker. LoL - they dont make cartoons like that any more!!  ;)

Love and hugs....Jo
xxx

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2003, 02:46:37 AM »
Hi!

When I was a kid, my favorite cartoons were Felix the Cat and Mighty Mouse.  My brothers were so into the Three Stooges.  I was a smurf fan in my college and party years.

My older kids were into HeMan and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers.

My younger kids have been growing up with Barney, Teletubbies, Bob the Builder.  Currently they like some of that Cartoon Network [email protected] (ugh)  They also like Dora the Explorer.

And they are all attached to the Simpsons...most of them will watch almost anything.  animal planet is getting a lot of air time here.

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio