Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anne's left MPFL Reconstruction  (Read 5712 times)

Offline punkchiclet88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Anne's left MPFL Reconstruction
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
I am free of the dreaded knee brace. Went for a walk yesterday and my knee tried to give out on me. It was scary but it only happened once.

Its weird but it feels like my knee hurts more when it is out of the brace. Last night it hurt pretty bad, I would bend it and it would hurt and I would straighten it and it would hurt.

Going to talk to physical therapist about it to see  if something is wrong. Chances are its nothing but my leg getting used to having to do things on its own again.

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 03:49:23 AM »
Isnt losing that bulky brace the best? My OS freed me of mine today too. :) Do you have a knee sleeve or something lighter weight you could wrap your leg in for some compression/support? I was given a knee sleeve today, and I actually feel like I have more support in it than I did with the ROM brace. I think its the compression around the kneecap. I'm sure its mostly mental.

When not walking I've been sitting with my leg out of the brace over the last week, and I agree - it oddly hurts more when out. As you say, I think its just the leg having to do ALL the work for a change.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline punkchiclet88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 04:26:07 AM »
it really is the best getting rid of it! No I wasn't given anything like a knee sleeve and I dont own one, but I may consider buying one soon.

My last PT appointment is scheduled for November 2nd.  I know I need more appointments, My dad wants to talk to my physical therapist tomorrow. I have to call the billing office and talk to them about low monthly payments. Hopefully they say yes.

Things are just so frustrating right now

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:54 PM »
I’d recommend a knee sleeve, especially if you are feeling a little weak/unstable yet. You can pick up one cheap at a drug store or a Target/Wal-mart.

In my experience when I’ve been short on money, I’ve found providers are usually pretty good with working w/ patients on payment plans. Sometimes it takes a lot of calling, and simply telling them “I will pay you this much each month, and it gets paid off when it gets paid off” – Hopefully you can decrease your appointment frequency (if you are comfortable w/ that) so the bills don’t stack up so fast.

Have you checked with your OS at all to see if he could get more appts approved through your insurance? I would think he could if it is “medically necessary”

Offline punkchiclet88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 01:13:35 AM »
My Dr called my insurance which is state insurance and because I am over 21 they ONLY allow 15 appointments and wont approve more even if it is necessary.

I do need to call the billing office soon because my time is going to run out soon.

Next time I go to walmart I think I will look for one of those sleeves

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
How are things going for you? Were you able to sort out extra appointments for PT?

support