Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: biceps femoris tendinitis?  (Read 713 times)

Offline Mel_Jark

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
biceps femoris tendinitis?
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »
I've had 2 ankle surgeries both on my right ankle, a year and a half apart. During the rehab for the ankle, I began having pain on the medial side of my R knee as I readjusted to running. My therapist had me ease back on some of the exercises and it improved significantly. By the end of July I was conditioning for my upcoming soccer season with very little irritation. Getting into the season the pain began again, but eased off as backed off and gradually got back into playing until it was barely noticeable. Recently it has spread and gotten worse. I now have pain on both the medial and lateral sides of my patella in addition to swelling above it. The medial pain wraps around slightly to the top of my knee. Additionally, when the knee is very irritated I get sharp pain in my posterior lateral knee. The athletic trainers at my university based their diagnosis on my med. his. and said it was pain due to compensation and lack of adequate strength. I rehabbed with them for a month with the knee only getting worse while backing off my playing again. They refused to evaluate it. I went home the other day to an ortho and he said tis biceps tendonitis (tendinitis?) and said that the pain on the front sides of my knee was just because "that's the way god made you." Does this make any sense? Sorry, this orthopaedic group has failed me before but they are what my dr is capitated to... Thanks