Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can Osgood Schlatter's eventually lead to chronic patellar disclocation  (Read 13322 times)

Offline jdwhitley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I had severe chronic bilateral knee pain when I was 13-14.  I was very active in sports.  From everything I have read it sounds like Osgood Schlatter's disorder.  After those years the problem went away.  But when I was 16-17 I started dislocating my knees and this continues to this day (36yrs old).  Does anyone know of a connection between the two? 

Offline Limpin-lizard

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Can Osgood Schlatter's eventually lead to chronic patellar disclocation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »
I had Osgood Schlatter's at age 14, but it went undiagnosed.  Both patellar ligaments tore out of my tibias while running.  They were put back together, but now I'm 34 and have Osteoarthritis and am looking at a knee replacement within a year or 2. 

Before "the accident", my knees would dislocate all the time.  They still do, if I'm not careful.

That's purely subjective information, but it's what I've experienced.

Best wishes with your situation.

Offline eshofuni

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Wish I had an answer, I am wondering the same thing. I've been dislocating my patella if I look at it wrong since I was 17 or so on the same knee as osgood-Schlatter's. I'm 32 now and wonder if there is any connection.

Good luck and if you find an answer please let me know.  :)

Offline MooMoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Can Osgood Schlatter's eventually lead to chronic patellar disclocation
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
Thats really interesting that you brought that question up.
I had os when I 8-12, than my knees seemed to be doing great, nothing was wrong.
Until I was 17, and had a chronic patellar dislocation that ended my athletic career.
Now I'm 18 & waiting for cadaver cartilage donor for the Osteochondral Allograft procedure & a MPFL to fix my patella instability.

I also tried researching about that, couldn't find anything about it but if we all had that problem than maybe it has something to do with os, either that or we all just have really bad luck.  :-\

support